Synology 7.1 - DS1520+ - Library not Working - Not Loading Nothing

ZGTNM

So, I am now trying to use Emby on my synology, besides plex... unfortunatly after all installed, up to the latest version (Version 4.8.0.8 for Synology), and also after giving all permissions as per information also from the forums with "System Internal User" emby with the "Read/Write permission" to the movies shared folder, and after adding it to emby as being my Library "/volume3/AV Media", it simply continues to give 0 Items, with the info of  "No items found." ... Which should not be, since all subdirectories with all movies are there, and plex have no issues loading/updating with the library, of this same movies/directories... Can you inform/help of what other options i can try to be able to have my movies added/played to emby (how can Emby Server say 0 items in Library, if all is there and all permissions are given) ?

Tks in advance...

Happy2Play

Sorry that log doen't really show anything library related only a PortMapper issue.

Can you do a full library scan and post another log to see if it shows more info.

13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry that log doen't really show anything library related only a PortMapper issue.

Can you do a full library scan and post another log to see if it shows more info.

Maybe this is the right log ...

embyserver(1).txt

Happy2Play

I see two issue Permissions and iNotify.

Need to look at recursive permissions on this library

2022-08-23 10:50:47.704 Error BaseItem: Error validating children for AV Media 63 /volume3/AV Media

Permission denied

Need to adjust iNotify values. 

2022-08-23 10:50:50.479 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume3/AV Media

The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

• Like 1

It looks like the server does not have permission to read the contents under 

/volume3/AV Media

Have you taken a look at this?

FrostByte
14 minutes ago, ZGTNM said:

Hi Luke, it is active the Read/Write:

image.png.b1663e372e46119382b805673b5764bd.png

Did you check the file and folder permissions at the system level also?

On 23/08/2022 at 20:08, Happy2Play said:

I see two issue Permissions and iNotify.

Need to look at recursive permissions on this library

2022-08-23 10:50:47.704 Error BaseItem: Error validating children for AV Media 63 /volume3/AV Media

Permission denied

Need to adjust iNotify values. 

2022-08-23 10:50:50.479 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume3/AV Media

The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

I also did this, as per info, it continues to show 0 on library, but if i add just one movie, it shows ok... I guess emby then limited to the amount of files it can load, even with this RTM fix...

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, ZGTNM said:

I also did this, as per info, it continues to show 0 on library, but if i add just one movie, it shows ok... I guess emby then limited to the amount of files it can load, even with this RTM fix...

No as the iNotify issue only applies to Realtime Monitoring.  So, a normal library scan would find media.

But appears the overall issue is Permissions unless a new log shows us something different.

• Like 1