I need some quick suggestions

Tamzidazam
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

Tamzidazam

Okay, 

So let me be explanatory about everything. My ISP has an emby server running on their local machine. (http was used, https is not available) I can access the emby on my network with any devices. But i'm a fond of kodi and i want to export all the movies and tv shows from the emby to my kodi. (The local machine is powerful enough to run more than 100 clients at once)

So i found 2 add-ons on kodi. One is EmbyCon and the other one is Emby for Kodi Sync Add-On. I installed both, not knowing the difference between them. 

Also there was an option while setting up the add-ons, there was native and add-on feature. I don't know the difference between them either. I wont to know about that too!

Also not to mention, i want to make the movie/tv show database and artworks available offline. So that whenever the kodi loads up, it doesn't take much time to load up the artworks. 

I don't want to install the emby modified embuary theme. 

Also when i selected the native feature, it took a while to store all the movies and artworks. But the movie wasn't playing and it was saying that the media i was trying to play wasn't found on my network and it gave me two options, wether to delete the movie or to leave it. 

When i selected the add-on option, it didn't take much time to import the movies but the artworks and movie informations were clearly on the network and it was loading up too slow. 

Is there any way to sync all the movies and store all the artworks and movie data on the local machine but stream the streaming link from the network?

Device: Sony android tv (kd-65x8500d)

Kodi version: 19.4 matrix

Kodi plugin version: 1.0.6

Edited by Tamzidazam

• Solution
quickmic

Emby for Kodi:

Does not support downloading content at the moment.

Difference between native and addon mode:

Native mode needs direct file access/filesystem access which you obviously don't have. (wrong choice for your setup)

Addon mode uses http(s) for playback etc.

Artwork can be cached offline but follows Kodi's cache pattern (filename format etc).

For artwork caching I recommend latest 7.x. version. It's much faster than in 6.x.

• Agree 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, Tamzidazam said:

When i selected the add-on option, it didn't take much time to import the movies but the artworks and movie informations were clearly on the network and it was loading up too slow. 

I assume you mean Kodi starts buffering? Could be also the responsiveness of the Emby server? Sounds like a network performance issue.

Anyway, you are streaming over the Internet and that means Emby server needs a fast upload link.

If network speed is the issue, you can try transcoding for limitation. On the other hand, transcoding need a lot of CPU power on Emby server (as long as you don't have a dedicated GPU assigned for transcoding).

• Like 1

Tamzidazam
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Emby for Kodi:

Does not support downloading content at the moment.

Difference between native and addon mode:

Native mode needs direct file access/filesystem access which you obviously don't have. (wrong choice for your setup)

Addon mode uses http(s) for playback etc.

Artwork can be cached offline but follows Kodi's cache pattern (filename format etc).

For artwork caching I recommend latest 7.x. version. It's much faster than in 6.x.

Though, which software's version are you speaking of? I've already found the option of caching, it's more than 15,000 artworks for just 3,000 movies. I don't know what will happen for the tv shows option!

quickmic
48 minutes ago, Tamzidazam said:

Though, which software's version are you speaking of? I've already found the option of caching, it's more than 15,000 artworks for just 3,000 movies. I don't know what will happen for the tv shows option!

"Emby for Kodi Sync Add-On" or more precise "Emby For Kodi Next Gen", the forum topic you are posting here.

Edited by quickmic