Cinema Intros: Smarter Trtailer Selection for Movie Series

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

I really like the Cinema Intros feature of Emby Premiere, but one thing that I think should be improved is its handling of movies that are part of a series/collection (Marvel Movies, James Bond, Star Trek, Star Wars,...). Whenever I watch a movie of this kind I get at least four out of five trailers that are part of the same series - when I watch an old Bond Movie I only get trailers for other Bond Movies. Same for the MCU. I guess this is because those movies are good match, but of cause this is incredibly dull. So could you maybe implement an option for more variety? For example by disallowing more than one trailer from the same collection? Or by giving a trailer a lower score if a trailer from the same studio/production company was already selected?

• Agree 2

AllesMeins

Thanks, that looks really interesting, but unfortunately I'm using Kodi and it doesn't seem to work with it.

Hi, I do see your point but I don't think excluding others from the same genres or studios would be a good idea because those are primary factors for finding similar content.

But excluding others from the same collection(s), that could potentially work.