No online dB entry results in wrong info display on video

ramseyn

ramseyn

I have thousands of music tracks and hundreds of videos in my Emby collection.

It's a while since I added new ones but I went to add a full length music video ripped to individual tracks today.

I ripped the DVD into 17 tracks and created a new folder under the same Artist folder that I use for all music videos by this artist.

Emby downloaded artwork for some irrelevant film, .nfo files too. When I play a track  Emby displays the film name, exactly the same on all tracks.

This doesnt happen for any other of my concert DVDs that I have ripped to individual tracks.

I suspect this is to do with Emby looking for an entry in one of the online databases (imdb, tvdb etc) and not finding one. If I manually search these databases the DVD is not in them.

So- am I right that is the cause?

Is Emby somehow finding a completely irrelevant match and applying it to all the tracks?

(Come to think of it when I tip a music DVD into separate track videos, how does Emby find information for them, or does it use the online databases to get a DVD name and then just use film information to put in track info?)

If this is the problem  can I stop Emby looking for information and force it to use manually entered info, just for one folder?

Can I stop it downloading incorrect .nfo and .jpg files for just one specified folder?

I probably worked this out, or read about it, in the past but my old memory is starting to fail... 😞

Thanks for any pointers

Nick

Edited by ramseyn
Typos

ramseyn

Sure, DVD is Nightwish at Bloodstock 2018.

It has 17 music tracks starting with "End of all hope" and ending with "The Greatest Show on Earth chapter 5"

The DVD is not in any online media databases.

My music videos are in:

<server>/nedialibrary/music videos/nightwish/DVDNAME/track name

So an existing one would be, for example, .../nightwish/Decades/01 swanheart.mp4

And this works fine in Emby.

The new tracks I have just ripped as music videos I have put in

.../nightwish/Bloodstock 2018/01 End of All Hope.mp4

(for example, other tracks are in same folder).

They have all been given cover art from a film called "Space Jam" and been given the artist "Malcolm D. Lee".

And they have all been given the genre Comedy and a synopsis of the film. 

Edited by ramseyn

The way the internet metadata providers work is the search engines will almost always return something, even if the results don't match very well.

There is no way for emby server to know that this is an incorrect match, so this is something you have to consider when choosing to enable Internet metadata on the library, or not.

ramseyn

So how do I get it to ignore all databases for just this one dvd?

I'm happy to put info in manually but I don't want it overwritten. If I enter it, deleting all the rubbish Emby has put in, will the "Lock this " button stop it being overwritten?

ramseyn

Thanks Luke. All done and properly showing in Emby - except images.

I am adding them manually but I have to select random ones. A couple of the tracks didn't rip properly (incorrectly defined start and end) so I manually clipped them from a full rip, named them appropriately and dropped them in the server folder.

They picked up images from the files themselves!

The ones I ripped yesterday don't do that. In fact on a mobile device and on the PC if I click the Edit Images and then the search icon on "Primary", I get a Search for Images screen but no way to start a search and no images found even though there are images in the folder. Odd that.

If I use the 3-dot menu and then Select Image File I can browse for an image., so that works but Search for a New Image doesn't.

Is there a way to force emby to select an image from the file itself, as it has done for the two new ones I added this morning?

On 8/21/2022 at 6:52 AM, ramseyn said:

Thanks Luke. All done and properly showing in Emby - except images.

I am adding them manually but I have to select random ones. A couple of the tracks didn't rip properly (incorrectly defined start and end) so I manually clipped them from a full rip, named them appropriately and dropped them in the server folder.

They picked up images from the files themselves!

The ones I ripped yesterday don't do that. In fact on a mobile device and on the PC if I click the Edit Images and then the search icon on "Primary", I get a Search for Images screen but no way to start a search and no images found even though there are images in the folder. Odd that.

If I use the 3-dot menu and then Select Image File I can browse for an image., so that works but Search for a New Image doesn't.

Is there a way to force emby to select an image from the file itself, as it has done for the two new ones I added this morning?

What image fetchers are enabled in the options for the library?