Emby Server 4.7.6.0 not showing proper Continue Watching

andyxoxo

andyxoxo

Hi guys, newly updated my Win7 Emby Server to v4.7.6.0 from 4.6.6.0 and have noticed the following new problem that 4.6.6.0 did not have. All I did was replace the 4.6.6.0 Emby-Server system folder with the newer one from 4.7.6.0.

Please see below screenshot and you can see right away the problem. Partially played Saturday Night Fever is in my Movies library folder, partially played Barry is in my TV Shows library folder and Bellator is in my Other Vids library folder. Only the Bellator is showing properly (the file screenshot) under "Continue Watching" while the other two are displaying nothing (therefore the android TV app shows nothing as well). 

Further info : All the media including Barry & Sat Night Fever have all the proper posters etc in their respective folders. I also restarted the server from the Server Dashboard and that didn't fix it.

What could the problem be? Cheers 🙂

Emby Prob.jpg

Edited by andyxoxo

andyxoxo

Hi ebr, thanks for your reply. Before I do anything drastic... are you wanting me to delete this entire folder? Or is there some other process you want me to follow? Thanks

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\images

Edited by andyxoxo

Yes, deleting that entire folder should be fine.  I think something in the way you updated has caused bad images in there (you can see the broken links in your screenshot).

andyxoxo

Hmmm, no luck. I deleted that entire folder. Then I restarted the server from the dashboard. Then I refreshed all metadata in TV and Movies. Then I stopped Emby from the bottom right hand corner system tray and restarted it. Still have the broken images 😞

Went ahead and marked those files as played so they would disappear from Continue Watching. And played a different file from Movies and stopped it. This file also now shows broken image in Continue Watching so it seems deleting that image folder didn't help. Anything else I can try short of reverting back to previous server version?

Edited by andyxoxo

Has a full library scan completed since you updated?  I would try doing that if not.

Also, if you right click and "Edit Images" on that item, what shows for the Thumb image?

andyxoxo

Yes, have done multiple full library scans.

Nothing shows for the thumb image when I do the right click "Edit Image"

Would this have anything to do with it? I see under version 4.7.0.60 there is this blurb. Don't know if I have .net core 6.0 because all I did was drop 4.7.6.0 on to my 4.6.6.0 folder. If this is important and could be a solution to the problem is there an easy way to check if this is installed?

• Update to .NET Core 6.0
Edited by andyxoxo

57 minutes ago, andyxoxo said:

Hmmm, no luck. I deleted that entire folder. Then I restarted the server from the dashboard. Then I refreshed all metadata in TV and Movies. Then I stopped Emby from the bottom right hand corner system tray and restarted it. Still have the broken images 😞

Went ahead and marked those files as played so they would disappear from Continue Watching. And played a different file from Movies and stopped it. This file also now shows broken image in Continue Watching so it seems deleting that image folder didn't help. Anything else I can try short of reverting back to previous server version?

Please attach the emby server log from when you did that. Thanks.

andyxoxo
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Looks like broken images in your cache.  Try clearing out the imagecache folder.

Wait a sec, did you want me to delete the entire C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\CACHE folder or just the C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\IMAGES folder ?

Edited by andyxoxo