Hide blocked tags

Luticus

Luticus

Can it be made so that tags that are listed in a user's profile as "Restrict Items With Tags" are themselves hidden as well. Currently it does hide the content that is restricted, but if I log on as a user who can't see that content and then go to movies -> tags, then I can see the hidden tag listed and it even shows a preview of the items tagged. So while users can't play any blocked content they do get a glimpse of what is being blocked or even THAT something is being blocked, which isn't desirable. I'd like to have that tag be completely invisible to the user it's being applied to.

Edited by Luticus
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Luticus
10 hours ago, visproduction said:

Lut,
Admin / User / Parental Control (tab) / Restrict Items with Tags

Yes, what I'm saying is that if you set a tag here and then tag, say a movie with it. Then log on as that user that you just set that tag for and go to movies (library) -> tags you will see the blocked tag in the list complete with cover art for the items it's hiding. They won't be able to play anything in there or even see any of the items, but they can tell items are being blocked potentially and they can get a glimpse of what those items might be.

Edited by Luticus

adamstewiegreen

Maybe this will help?  I have 3 accounts setup on my Emby server.  Admin, Home and Kids.  My admin account is the only account set to 'manage the server' in users.   I use the admin account to set tags to separate my kids' stuff from my stuff:   I tag things 'kids' and set their parental permission to "only media tagged 'kids' is visible".  Then on 'Home' I have the 'kids' tag as blocked (because I don't want their cartoons cluttering up my screen).  Also, if you reversed your tagging (didn't tag the things you wanted not seen) and tagged only the things you wanted other users to see there would be no tags for others to see that content on.

Also, it seems with my set up, the Kids users cannot see tags - the tag section is empty (My home user doesn't even have a tag section but can see it only if I search for 'kids').  So I would approach it the way I pointed up above.  Make a user, tag every thing you want them to see and set their parental setting appropriately and leave the stuff you want hidden untagged.

• 2 weeks later...
Luticus

Just installed the new server version 4.7.6.0 and the issue is still there. Here's a screen shot from an account that should not see the hidden tag:

image.png.016b8a46fb86c6ee024ad62c35b279f5.png

I have, of course, blurred the cover art there, but it does show that. Also if I click in the tag, nothing is shown as expected.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
iPhoneMaxPro
Il 9/12/2022 alle 14:40, Luke ha detto:

Ci daremo un'occhiata. Grazie per la segnalazione.

Hi this problem is really annoying I noticed this was requested quite a while ago, could you please take a look? When I limit my users via the tag they still see the tags even if they don't see the content, it's very annoying because in the end it's not nice for others to watch what has been blocked from them. Thank you so much 🙏

7 hours ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

Hi this problem is really annoying I noticed this was requested quite a while ago, could you please take a look? When I limit my users via the tag they still see the tags even if they don't see the content, it's very annoying because in the end it's not nice for others to watch what has been blocked from them. Thank you so much 🙏

Hi, this should be resolved in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
iPhoneMaxPro
On 1/20/2024 at 8:23 PM, Luke said:

Hi, this should be resolved in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

thanks for the update, it's perfect, now all that's missing is this thing to fix:

the problem is the following:

I create a user with access to only one allowed tag "video1"

so that he can only view the first video.

when the user enters his account he will see the contents only on the home page (in the suggestions) but if he clicks on TV series he sees nothing ...

Could this be fixed please? 🙏

7 hours ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

thanks for the update, it's perfect, now all that's missing is this thing to fix:

FullSizeRender.mov 9.29 MB · 1 download  

the problem is the following:

I create a user with access to only one allowed tag "video1"

so that he can only view the first video.

when the user enters his account he will see the contents only on the home page (in the suggestions) but if he clicks on TV series he sees nothing ...

Could this be fixed please? 🙏

Try granting him access at the series level.

iPhoneMaxPro
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Try granting him access at the series level.

This way it works but they display everything, but I would like them to only display the first video

13 minutes ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

This way it works but they display everything, but I would like them to only display the first video

OK there's currently no support for that. I agree it would probably be ideal to have the series show up there, but that's what it currently does.

iPhoneMaxPro

Can I hope for accommodation or is it closed for the moment?

consider that I consider it a bug, because if I see the folder in the suggestions I should also see it when I click "series"

Yes of course we will continue to work on improving it. 

• Thanks 1

iPhoneMaxPro
On 2/13/2024 at 1:51 AM, Luke said:

Yes of course we will continue to work on improving it. 

thanks I can't wait so I save a lot of time thanks

• Thanks 1