Movies play fine, but not live TV or recorded shows.

sakle2k

1 minute ago, sakle2k said:

I saw that version in the app store. But the actual version I'm running on my phone is 3.2.64. Is that the one you shared? I'm trying to confirm whether it installed over what I previously had.

Yes although it is higher now.

You don't need to uninstall and I'm not sure why you didn't get a log file. Maybe you weren't actually running the dropbox build by the time you actually performed the test. The play store may have automatically replaced it with the store version, which can happen, so I would suggest performing the test right after installing.

sakle2k

Is the version that you sent me 3.2.64? That's what I have on my phone now and I did try running the test immediately after installing the version you shared. 
I just reinstalled your version again (it still shows version 3.2.64 in the app and I played a recording for a few minutes but again there are no log files.

BTW, this morning the C drive on my server computer ran out of space and when I checked, there were 2 MPEG-TS Video Files that were over 75GB each in the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp directory. Why did these files grow so large? I've deleted them and I see another one there that's almost 8GB. 

sakle2k
2 hours ago, sakle2k said:

Is the version that you sent me 3.2.64? That's what I have on my phone now and I did try running the test immediately after installing the version you shared. 
I just reinstalled your version again (it still shows version 3.2.64 in the app and I played a recording for a few minutes but again there are no log files.

BTW, this morning the C drive on my server computer ran out of space and when I checked, there were 2 MPEG-TS Video Files that were over 75GB each in the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp directory. Why did these files grow so large? I've deleted them and I see another one there that's almost 8GB. 

@Luke Hello?

Just now, sakle2k said:

@Luke Hello?

Hello. Your last message was only two hours ago. We're going as fast as we can.

sakle2k

@Luke Apologies, we had just been talking and I thought you would have told me what version number you sent me. But I do also want to know about those very large .ts files.

Thanks.

On 8/29/2022 at 3:38 PM, sakle2k said:

Hi, the reason I ask you to tell me the version number is because I want to make sure that you actually have it installed. Often people will just answer the question by saying "latest", and then we kind of end up chasing our tails when it turns out they don't even have the version that I wanted them to try. Yes I think it was 3.2.64 at the time although there are newer builds up now.

On 8/29/2022 at 3:38 PM, sakle2k said:

To answer that we have to learn what the server was doing, so please provide the information requested here:

Thanks.

sakle2k
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, the reason I ask you to tell me the version number is because I want to make sure that you actually have it installed. Often people will just answer the question by saying "latest", and then we kind of end up chasing our tails when it turns out they don't even have the version that I wanted them to try. Yes I think it was 3.2.64 at the time although there are newer builds up now.

Understood. Let me know if there's a newer build from you that I should try.

sakle2k
1 hour ago, Luke said:

To answer that we have to learn what the server was doing, so please provide the information requested here:

Thanks.

Here's the server log from the very end of that day, I hope this has what you need.
This is from a Windows 10 box.

embyserver-63797414399.txt

sakle2k
On 9/1/2022 at 9:26 PM, Luke said:

On 9/1/2022 at 9:32 PM, Luke said:

And by the way what device is this on?

@Luke Has anything been determined regarding my issues? Is there anything else I can provide that would help?

Thanks.

It looks like you had a live stream open. Was it for watching live tv or recording? Can you get the problem to occur again?

sakle2k

@Luke or anyone else with the support team, can you tell me if the issues that I reported in this thread are being looked into? Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I started this post and I'd like to think they can be resolved soon. Again, please let me know if there's any additional info needed. 

BTW, I had never noticed the transcoding temp files before until I started running out of disk space (the server is on an SSD drive). I just checked again and there are no files in the transcoding temp directory, so they obviously get created and removed as needed. I'm just curious as to whether it's normal for them to grow as large as they did.

But my original issue is why my son is able to watch movies, but not recorded or live tv using the app. I would really appreciate any help with that. When we last discussed that, I had downloaded a version of the app from Luke (v3.2.64) for to produce a log file but none were created. Please let me know next steps.

Thanks.

Edited by sakle2k

troyhough
On 8/25/2022 at 4:47 PM, momdad72 said:

@Luke I decided to try this before asking my son to do it so I could answer any questions he might have. I played about 5 minutes of a recording while using my data plan instead of wifi (in case being on the local network would skew the results). There was nothing in the /Android/data folder. Is there a minimum amount of time before a log will be created?

Also, the color of the recording is washed out using this version (see attachment). Is that a bug you're aware of?

Screenshot_20220825-173232.png