Movies play fine, but not live TV or recorded shows.

sakle2k

sakle2k

My son lives across the country and is trying to watch content on my server using the Emby app on his android phone connecting to a Chromecast. Movies work fine, but he's unable to watch live TV or any recorded shows, they will not load. He said he received the following message a few times when trying: "Your account has exceeded the maximum streaming limit set by your Emby Server administrator. Please contact them for assistance". I don't have any limit set (that I'm aware of) that would cause this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Les

sakle2k

Hi all. Wondering if anyone had a chance to review the log files I posted or if anything else was needed from me.

Thanks.

Hi there, as a test, if you turn off hardware transcoding in server transcoding options, does that make a difference?

sakle2k
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, as a test, if you turn off hardware transcoding in server transcoding options, does that make a difference?

Ok, I just did that and messaged my son so he'll report back when he gets it.  I forgot to mention that I haven't had these issues when watching on my phone so I would think if it was the hardware transcoding causing the problem, it would have affected me as well.

Can you try setting your customizations back to defaults?

>>>>>  Non-Default Encoder Parameters
Warning EncoderParametersH264LibX.Preset: Original: veryfast Actual: faster

Also, he should try lowering his in-app quality setting even further and see if that helps.

sakle2k

I've changed the H264 encoding preset to Auto on the server. What settings specifically should I tell him to check in the app?

sakle2k
23 hours ago, sakle2k said:

I've changed the H264 encoding preset to Auto on the server. What settings specifically should I tell him to check in the app?

Can someone confirm the settings that I should tell my son to check? He's across the country so the more information I can give him the quicker I can help him get this to work.

Thanks.

sakle2k

It's been more than 36 hours since I've received a response on this, I'm really hoping someone can provide some follow-up regarding the recommended app settings. It's difficult for me to be the middleman since my son is in a different time zone, so having a list of things to try (i.e., "try this and if that doesn't work, do this next") would really be helpful.

sakle2k

@Luke Are there any troubleshooting steps for me to take here? I'd really like to get this working, please read my previous post.

Thanks.

sakle2k

Thanks Luke, I'll send this to my son and see if he can try it later tonight. I'll report back once he does.

• Thanks 1

momdad72
37 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please try this version of the android app:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

And then provide a log from the app by following these instructions: 

Thanks !

@Luke I decided to try this before asking my son to do it so I could answer any questions he might have. I played about 5 minutes of a recording while using my data plan instead of wifi (in case being on the local network would skew the results). There was nothing in the /Android/data folder. Is there a minimum amount of time before a log will be created?

Also, the color of the recording is washed out using this version (see attachment). Is that a bug you're aware of?

Screenshot_20220825-173232.png

5 hours ago, momdad72 said:

@Luke I decided to try this before asking my son to do it so I could answer any questions he might have. I played about 5 minutes of a recording while using my data plan instead of wifi (in case being on the local network would skew the results). There was nothing in the /Android/data folder. Is there a minimum amount of time before a log will be created?

Also, the color of the recording is washed out using this version (see attachment). Is that a bug you're aware of?

Screenshot_20220825-173232.png

Hi, you need to use the specific dropbox build that I linked to. It has file logging enabled, which the store version does not.

sakle2k

@Luke I did use the specific dropbox build, but it didn't produce a log in the directory you specified, and it had the video quality issue that I described. Should I have uninstalled the original version first? The dropbox apk appeared to install right over it.

13 hours ago, sakle2k said:

@Luke I did use the specific dropbox build, but it didn't produce a log in the directory you specified, and it had the video quality issue that I described. Should I have uninstalled the original version first? The dropbox apk appeared to install right over it.

What version number was it?

sakle2k
21 hours ago, sakle2k said:

The version is 3.2.64.

@LukeI see the current version of the app is 4.8, so I assume I am running the build you shared, is that correct?
Should I have first uninstalled the version I had?
Do you know why I wasn't able to generate a log file?
Sorry for all of the questions but I want to avoid that when I try to get my son up and running.

Thanks

sakle2k

@Luke Hi Luke, can you provide any feedback based on my last message?

BTW, this morning the C drive on my server computer ran out of space and when I checked, there were 2 MPEG-TS Video Files that were over 75GB each in the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp directory. Why did these files grow so large? I've deleted them and I see another one there that's almost 8GB. 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:49 PM, sakle2k said:

@LukeI see the current version of the app is 4.8, so I assume I am running the build you shared, is that correct?
Should I have first uninstalled the version I had?
Do you know why I wasn't able to generate a log file?
Sorry for all of the questions but I want to avoid that when I try to get my son up and running.

Thanks

There is no 4.8 app version. there is a 4.8 server. You need to be running the dropbox build for it to generate a log file.

sakle2k

I saw that version in the app store. But the actual version I'm running on my phone is 3.2.64. Is that the one you shared? I'm trying to confirm whether it installed over what I previously had.