Emby users can't access remotely.

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

This is a recent problem. Can't imagine what is causing it. My server can't be accessed remotely by using Emby Connect. Using the App on my laptop, I can connect on my mobile data at work, but trying to use the website to connect, it doesn't.

I get the "Connection error" pop up, asking if the server is running. Even on my own PC, where it is running, using Emby Theater, it can't find it.

Happy2Play

@Mkilbride Does a online site like canyouseeme.org show Emby ports open?

Are you able to connect via your WAN:8096?

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

This is a recent problem. Can't imagine what is causing it. My server can't be accessed remotely by using Emby Connect. Using the App on my laptop, I can connect on my mobile data at work, but trying to use the website to connect, it doesn't.

I get the "Connection error" pop up, asking if the server is running. Even on my own PC, where it is running, using Emby Theater, it can't find it.

Hi, in that case try doing a direct connection by manually entering the server address. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Mkilbride
3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

WAN:8096

WAN link on Emby's dashboard page doesn't work. Canyouseeme shows the port is open.

21 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

WAN link on Emby's dashboard page doesn't work. Canyouseeme shows the port is open.

For many that is normal inside your own network if your router doesn't allow loopback. Does your router allow loopback, or do you not know?

Since you said it happens on the same machine as the server, I would focus on that for now and try what I requested. Thanks.

Mkilbride

I mean nothing changed with my router.   As said, I can access it on my phone and laptop using the app, but weirdly it won't work with Emby connect. No one using that method can get on.

Ports are forwarded.

12 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

WAN link on Emby's dashboard page doesn't work

Hi.  Is it correct?  If it isn't that's why Emby Connect doesn't work because that is the address the apps will use when going through Connect.

Mkilbride

How do I know if it's correct? As said when I click it, it just goes nowhere.

But as said, i can still connect on my Laptop, and phone...but if I try to use the web page, it doesn't work.

Emby Theater also doesn't work on my Desktop - it did in the past.

Edited by Mkilbride

2 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

As said when I click it, it just goes nowhere.

Then, that sounds like it may not be correct.

2 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

How do I know if it's correct?

Go to Google and type "what's my ip".  Does that address match your dashboard WAN address?

Happy2Play

Devs will have to comment as WAN:8096 is accessible so it would have to be communication with Connect.

Only other thing I can suggest would be testing on a user removing Connect Username, hit save then readd it to see if it makes a difference.

On 8/18/2022 at 3:26 PM, Mkilbride said:

Even on my own PC, where it is running, using Emby Theater, it can't find it.

What version of ET are you using Desktop or App Store?  As there are other requirements for App Store version on the same machine.

Mkilbride

App Store on both. Works on my Laptop, not on my Desktop.

I tried removing and re-adding. Sadly, no go.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

App Store on both. Works on my Laptop, not on my Desktop.

I tried removing and re-adding. Sadly, no go.

App store on same machine as Server requires loopback access.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Luke said:

I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please go through the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

But as commented above WAN:8096 is accessible, the issue is coming from Connect.  Unless devices have bad cached information?

• 2 weeks later...