Add to favorites or playlist when shuffling?

rod626

What's the recommended way to mark a video clip as "favorite" when watching clips on shuffle?  Adding to a playlist would be fine as well.  The goal is to be able to mark clips as being clips that I want to share or watch again later, when shuffling through potentially thousands.

This works fine when not shuffling.  The playback UI is different when shuffling, in both Safari and Chrome on Mac and Windows.  I get only the following controls at the bottom (left and right).  Unfortunately I can't even find a way to switch back to normal play mode in the middle of a shuffle; the only way I can find to favorite something is to try to remember the file name and then go search for it to get the normal playback UI or info pane.  This is undesirable, since it ends the shuffle, which is the whole point of randomly browsing.

image.png.b728b5da4bfd38e0271e2e0023f8a2b0.pngimage.png.c75787ba1f56a79a9b4dcd15b7d40186.png

• Like 1

Hi, currently you can't switch between normal and shuffle before playback, you can only choose at the beginning when you start. This is something we plan to provide more control over in future updates. 

I actually just realized I get the same behavior when not shuffling.  There is no "..." on the playback screen no matter how I play the videos.  I have the "..." menu only on the poster image when browsing.  Do I need to enable some setting to get the "..." menu that shows up in @ebr's screen capture?

I'm using Emby Web 4.7.5.0:
image.png.75489b93e63f7307ec7d20cedc2cdbba.png

HI, currently it's only in the audio player, although we can try to come up with a way to work it back in for video.

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
EmblemJD

Hey @Luke

Is this still on the roadmap? Would be nice to have the option to add to favs while watching / shuffling through video content and also would steer towards a more unified user-experience.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
gongo

Hi @Luke

Any timeline or update for this feature? (ie. ability to favourite or add to playlist from the video controls while in shuffle/play all). 
Was considering a lifetime Emby license, but need this feature. 

• 3 weeks later...

HI, yes this is planned for future updates. Thanks.