Collection Creation

Friends

Friends

Is there a way to create a collection by director or writer? Or create a collection and drop movies in? Not looking for a playlist.

Thanks

rbjtech

Select the Director (in the cast - or use the 'Director' link in the synopsis - then use 'Show All' if they have produced many films.    Then select all the items - then add to a new collection.

It's not 'dynamic' however and won't add new content from the Director automatically - it will need to be manually added.

btw - on the latest BETA release - you can select the first item - then SHIFT and select the last item - and ALL the items get selected. 

Edited by rbjtech

Happy2Play
57 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

btw - on the latest BETA release - you can select the first item - then SHIFT and highlight the last item - and ALL the items get selected.

Already ported to stable 4.7.6.0.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Already ported to stable 4.7.6.0.

Ah has it really - great news - this was LONG overdue - thanks H2P .. :)

Yea when you're holding shift I need to add a mouseover effect so that you can see what will become selected if you click another one. That will help make it more obvious that the feature is available.

• Agree 1

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea when you're holding shift I need to add a mouseover effect so that you can see what will become selected if you click another one. That will help make it more obvious that the feature is available.

Yep - I was looking for exactly that first time I tried to use it - I also tried to 'box' the items - but then released you just need to click the last item.  It works in reverse as well to de-select - so that's all good. 👍

• Thanks 1