1.3.3 Subtitle Problem

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

i updated the app and did another test.

It is better now, but not fully fixed.

Starting the movie as 4K with german DTS and german forced subs, does not show subs to me, also switching does not fix this.

I started the movie again with german AC3 and german forced subs and it worked.

What i could say this time is that it shows different internal subs.

While starting the movie with DTS audio it shows me at point 2 of the subtitle debug HLS and /SI2 at the end of the line like in the picture, but when starting with AC3 audio it shows EMB and /SI5

So something is going on here but for now it seems the problem is with DTS which needs to be transcoded. 

See the both pictures. DTS = /SI2, AC3=/SI5

It is the same video file so why does changing the audio lang has an impact on the subtitle.

I hope this time i could give some really helpful infos :)

Assassins_creed_4K_AC3.jpg

assassins_creed_4k.jpg

Edited by Painkiller8818

1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

It is the same video file so why does changing the audio lang has an impact on the subtitle.

I hope this time i could give some really helpful infos :)

Great, this is good.

Just to confirm, your top picture is the AC3 which is working correctly, and the bottom is the DTS that is not.  Correct?

The reason the track number are different when transcoding is that the delivery method of the tracks changes when we transcode, and the track order can change.  But, I think this is part of the problem and it is something that is happening internally in the player.  That's part of this problem

It think you've already provided it, but just to save me searching, can you please attach the ffmpeg log for this test?

Painkiller8818
42 minutes ago, SamES said:

Just to confirm, your top picture is the AC3 which is working correctly, and the bottom is the DTS that is not.  Correct?

yes thats correct.

I hope i found the correct ffmpeg log as i started the movie a few times to test it.

ffmpeg-remux-9fe5703c-f0d7-4c49-bd45-9537220ee90b_1.txt

• Like 1

Marcus1305

Today I watched latest episode of the House of the Dragon and instead of loading Serbian subtitles emby (1.4.6) loaded polish subtitles, then I switched it to Croatian which led to the subtitles being changed to English and finally at the end when I switched them to Serbian again, it was working well.

• 11 months later...
On 8/17/2022 at 6:26 PM, FrostByte said:

Definitely needs more testing.

Even when I remuxed leaving only 15 subs the sample file still didn't play the German subtitle to start with which was displayed on the details screen.  It wanted to play the first subtitle in the file.  Only after clicking play and selecting the German track did it work.  All that really did was make it play without the stuttering.

My files have 1 - 3 tracks (Forced, Full, SDH) at most and they're all English.

Might need to test some more with external and internal subs too.  To see if that makes a difference.  Maybe if you extracted all 40 subs and removed the internal ones it would work 🤣

There's a new plugin I'm testing just because of this issue with Samsung.  It removes all the subtitle languages you don't select for keeping, extracts the srt ones you want to keep and removes them from the file also.  So, what I'm left with is a file with only English PGS internal and English SRT subs external.  

HI, the hearing impaired status for subtitles, both internal and external will be supported in Emby Server 4.8:

image.png

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Great News! Emby for Samsung has been updated to 1.6.4 for 2021-2023 models !

For 2019-2020 models, coming soon hopefully.