No playback streams when trying to play HEVC content

Shizuyori

Shizuyori

Hi all

So I'm having the problem described above, I've searched and found a few topics but nothing specifically related.

I suspect it's related to Emby Premium and my lack there of but am curious if I can get a little help.

Running .NET 6.0.7 and Emby 4.7.6.0, recently .NET v5 was uninstalled but didn't check the video before it was uninstalled and have reinstalled both .NET 6.0.7 and Emby 4.7.6.0

My video info is:

Title 1080p HEVC
Codec HEVC
Profile Main 10
Level 120
Resolution 1920x804
Aspect Ratio 160:67
Interlaced No
Framerate 23.976
Bitrate 2 mbps
Bit Depth 10 bit
Pixel Format yuv420p10le
Reference Frames 1

I can get it to play if I enable video transcoding under my user profile, audio and container transcoding don't make a difference to playback, the video however also plays fine in VLC.

In the logs I only notice one error and that's shortly after a lookup to themoviedb and isn't around the time of playback and occasion 206 and 204 header responses.

Any ideas? could it be due to Hardware Acceleration being disabled?

I don't want to enable transcoding as a solution as I then get problems with other videos 

Shizuyori

Hi Luke, thanks for replying embyserver (3).txt 

Time frame was just now, i restarted Emby, enabled debug mode, tried to play the media Secret Headquarters got the popup message then turned the debug mode back off.

Also using Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And Windows 11, Emby Server and Chrome for playback both from the same machine.

Hope this helps

Edited by Shizuyori

Shizuyori

Hi @Luke sorry only just saw your reply, bit confused as there wasn't an ffmpeg log file, just enabled debug logging again and restarted to play the file again...

this is all I have, I checked the last ffmpeg-transcode file (I guess that is for transcoding but I have transcoding disabled for this user), I restarted a couple of times which might confuse things but looks like the only two log files that have updated is the embyserver.txt file and the hardware-detection one, do i need to enable something else?

Looking in the %appdata%\emby-server\programdata\logs folder the i found a ffmpeg-directstream file but that was days ago, i checked it anyway but contains nothing for that file and today

ps. its 9pm now, attached a sample.mp4 1 minute intro clip which has the same problem in case it helps
sample.7zimage.png.9e173b391632ba0bcd55a18f70c575d6.png

Edited by Shizuyori