Ditch Feature Request Forum

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

There is absolutely no point to it. You can have 130votes and it never gets implemented, you can have 6 votes for something else and it does get implemented, because it’s actually easy or just a bug.

the vote system sucks, the answer is always

”possible in future updates” 

Some of these requests stem back to 2015 and the duplicate sticker just highlights how long these requests have been in the system for.

move to a transparent way of communication as to what is being worked on and hopefully reasons behind it.

for example… ditching guid calls to improve library performance… required for WMC but not anymore

you can maybe take on important stuff from the community that will enhance something that is already in the workflow.

2 pence worth from the idiot on the hill

6E1DD28E-435B-495E-8BFA-35F2C3548E06.thumb.jpeg.6f1a9853c6b5fbfd15d3bac3e2ec4502.jpeg

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 8

Hi, this forum provides valuable information for us. We don't measure strictly on votes because we understand that not everyone actually clicks the voting buttons. But anyone who pays attention to that forum will have an idea of what topics are the most requested and that's really the most important thing.

Bug fixes, maintenance items, improvements to existing features, those things are always going to be there. And yes occasionally there are going to be quick throw-ins that jump the line. It's just reality. There are times when we have capacity to take on major new features, and then there are other times when we're pretty booked and so we start looking for smaller wins. This is something that goes on with any software team.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

Such a global cliche answer that doesn’t address the points raised.

luke i have massive respect for you and Eric! 

just be transparent and realistic, your a coder not a salesman 

• Like 1

The answer I gave is the actual answer. We need the information that the feature request forum provides, whether it come from there or somewhere else. 

RaptorCentauri

Maybe it would be helpful to have a locked stickied post that has features that are currently being worked on? 

Edited by RaptorCentauri
  • Agree 4

binarygeek119

I will say a way to see what's being actively worked on like dvr improvements or photo ai taking. Just some that say we are working on X. just add a bulk description that says we are working on it. Maybe slow progress/low Priority. And may be cut at anytime. Not able to make emby monitor weather and give alerts. For skills or time or resources.

I just like to know what going on behind the scenes.

Also have you guys thought of having a bounty system. Could be a good way of having more money income and to see what the community really wants.

If I want emby to read ebooks I submit $50 for the bounty user x adds $25 to the pot. When it gets added you may collect. Could even open it to 3rd party developers 

7 hours ago, binarygeek119 said:

Also have you guys thought of having a bounty system

Hi.  This has been suggested before and we feel it does not serve the product or users best. 

• 1 year later...
rootbeerdan
On 8/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  This has been suggested before and we feel it does not serve the product or users best. 

Have you reconsidered this after a year? I have a small group of folks who would be willing to pool some funds together for a feature.

8 hours ago, rootbeerdan said:

Have you reconsidered this after a year? I have a small group of folks who would be willing to pool some funds together for a feature.

Sorry, no.  We want to build the features that we feel will benefit the product and the user base the best not just the ones a small group of people may be willing to pay for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1