MP3 - Display contents of DESCRIPTION and PODCASTDESC embedded tags

unisoft

unisoft

Emby does not display the DESCRIPTION or PODCASTDESC tags embedded like m4a or m4b files do.

Most tag editors like MP3TAG let you create these tags, even if it isn't strictly the original MP3 specification.

As a result the MP3 files I have that are audiobooks are not displaying the description for the book/track. I have mostly .m4b files, but do have some books still in MP3 format.

In your code could you look for these tags in MP3 if they exist and then show the contents like you already do for .m4b (and .mp4 video)?

Thanks.

unisoft
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we already support description but we can add support for PODCASTDESC.

Hi Luke

I just copied PODCASTDESC to DESCRIPTION in MP3TAG editor, and despite a scan and even a refresh metadata, neither of the fields show up for MP3 files. They do if m4a/m4b/mp4 as I have been using DESCRIPTION in those files, I just had a bunch of (legacy) MP3 files. I can change them to use DESCRIPTION instead for now. It took a while for emby to reflect the changes not sure why, it must have been doing something else and waited and done the scan after that.

I am using 4.7.6 web client.

Edited by unisoft

22 hours ago, unisoft said:

Hi Luke

I just copied PODCASTDESC to DESCRIPTION in MP3TAG editor, and despite a scan and even a refresh metadata, neither of the fields show up for MP3 files. They do if m4a/m4b/mp4 as I have been using DESCRIPTION in those files, I just had a bunch of (legacy) MP3 files.

I am using 4.7.6 web client.

Can you provide a sample file for testing? Thanks.

unisoft
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you provide a sample file for testing? Thanks.

How do I do that as cant post publicly because of copyright :)

I changed my original comment afterwards as you were correct in that DESCRIPTION was supported, so I added the DESCRIPTION tag by copying the PODCASTDESC contents to it for my bunch of MP3 files (m4a/m4b were fine).

Edited by unisoft