Theme songs not playing

DogBronson
Go to solution Solved by DogBronson,

DogBronson

Hello

I'm not using the theme song plugins, I'm just attempting to add themes manually. I've followed the instructions per https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179-theme-songs-videos , but still nothing happens when going to the movie page. Neither "theme.mp3" or the "theme-music" folder methods produce any results. "Enable theme songs" is selected, but still nothing.

Also make sure to run a library scan after adding the theme files. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

DogBronson

I'm trying for the web app on Windows. The Samsung app, as well, but it isn't working on either so just focusing on one for now.

theme.jpg.2744345542d539d6806e74296b446f79.jpg

Just an example of how I have it. I also tried naming it the same as the video file, so "Halloween (1978).mp3", in case I was being obtuse and the directions of naming it "theme.mp3" were just for the sake of an example, but that didn't work either.

I did a library scan every time I made a change, and even restarted Emby a few times, but that hasn't had an effect.

Did you make sure to enable theme songs in the web app? Each app will have it's own setting for this.

DogBronson
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you make sure to enable theme songs in the web app? Each app will have it's own setting for this.

Yes, I did.

Untitled.jpg.ac3def23ce059587e9400650e8cafa9a.jpg

DogBronson

A little update: I'm using the GameBrowser plugin, and decided to just give it a shot and see if for some reason themes played for games, and they do! But for movies and television they just will not play.

visproduction

Try different high quality mp3 or flac.  Try different browsers.  Chrome used to mute all audio when you first arrive on the page, until you click something, as a security feature.   Here are two excerpts of theme music that is working for me.  

Hope that helps.

Siri Cruize - Blue Moon from the film Alone Together excerpt.flac

Edited by visproduction

On 8/15/2022 at 2:31 PM, DogBronson said:

I'm trying for the web app on Windows. The Samsung app, as well, but it isn't working on either so just focusing on one for now.

theme.jpg.2744345542d539d6806e74296b446f79.jpg

Just an example of how I have it. I also tried naming it the same as the video file, so "Halloween (1978).mp3", in case I was being obtuse and the directions of naming it "theme.mp3" were just for the sake of an example, but that didn't work either.

I did a library scan every time I made a change, and even restarted Emby a few times, but that hasn't had an effect.

Hi, what is the content type of the library in emby library setup?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
DogBronson

Hi, I'm so sorry I forgot to come back to this thread! I've been very busy.

I finally got this to work, and of course, it was user error. It had to do with how I had my folders set up. Sorry!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Not to raise an old thread. But just dropping in here that after installing the plugins (I got them all because I believe in supporting this community) I had to run a library scan, just as Luke said, before theme songs/videos would start working. 

• Thanks 1