Emby for Kodi Next-Gen Error - Check the log for more information

DarWun

DarWun

Out of the blue I'm seeing this error when Emby for Kodi starts. I'm not sure what log I'm supposed to be checking. But as a starting point, I'm uploading Kodi.log.

Let me know what else I need to provide to troubleshoot this.

kodi.log

quickmic
10 hours ago, DarWun said:

Out of the blue I'm seeing this error when Emby for Kodi starts. I'm not sure what log I'm supposed to be checking. But as a starting point, I'm uploading Kodi.log.

Let me know what else I need to provide to troubleshoot this.

kodi.log 100.89 kB · 0 downloads

two issues in your log:

Reboot the box not just Kodi.

Kodi crashed and the socket is blocked now. If this doesn't help, let me know.

The other issue is most likely related to the main issue.

DarWun

Thanks @quickmic. I did reboot the box several times before posting. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Emby for Kodi (v7.7.5) a couple of times between reboots.

I didn't have time to do a manual database wipe last night. That is going to be my next step when I get home from work later today.

quickmic

I'll review the issue, and sure I can cover it, but actually it's more intresting why this happens.

Seems Emby server is not reporting boxsets. I'll check it.

As mentioned, this issue is most likely a followup issue.

Even if I catch both issue, it will not work. Only difference, the plugin wouldn't crash.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
2022-08-14 21:39:09.708 T:1239    ERROR <general>:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/webservice.py", line 51, in Listen

2022-08-14 21:39:09.710 T:1239    ERROR <general>:     
2022-08-14 21:39:09.710 T:1239    ERROR <general>: Socket.bind(('127.0.0.1', 57342))

This is the main issue, and there is nothing the plugin could do here.

As mentioned, 99,9% the port is used due to a previous Kodi crash and the socket was not released.

Also it would be possible, that another application uses port 57342 but I highly doubt that.

So this record should disappear after a reboot.

The other issue can be covered by plugin directly, but actually this should not happen.

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/emby/views.py", line 367, in add_nodes
                                                       for node in SyncNodes[view['MediaType']]:
                                                   KeyError: 'boxsets'

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

DarWun

Thanks for the explanation @quickmic. I'll spend some more time tonight investigating what could be causing Kodi to crash. Last night I had looked at a couple of the archived Kodi logs from earlier in the day, and I have a vague recollection of seeing the error pertaining to the socket being locked. This likely means that for some reason, Kodi is now crashing every time I start the device.

The power went out at one point yesterday, and I'm wondering if the the Kodi installation on the SD card of my rpi was corrupted as a result of not doing a proper shut down. If worse comes to worst, I have a Kodi backup from a few months ago that I can revert to for troubleshooting purposes.

• Like 1

DarWun

@quickmicI disabled Emby for Kodi, and deleted all libraries in Kodi (checked to confirm that MyVideosXXX.db and MyMusicXX.db had been deleted). After restarting the device (complete shutdown and restart), I enabled Emby for Kodi again. It did not crash after user login, and I was able to define the libraries again.  Everything worked fine after that. 

I kept the logs from the reinstall and library reconfiguration if you would like to see them. I don't see the errors that you commented on previously. So I suspect that the database must have been corrupted when the device unexpectedly shutdown during the power outage. I'll report back if new issues present.

Edited by DarWun
  • Thanks 1