Customization of the loading logo at the beginning of the content

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X

I would be really happy if it would be possible to customize my own logo that would rotate before the start of the video for example (loading)

I  understood this request to mean he wants to actually modify the "loading spinner" to be something else.  @CAPRICORNX10X please clarify.

If I'm correct, I'll leave this request but it would be rather difficult to accomplish across all systems and would have a very limited audience I'm afraid.

• Like 1

rbjtech
1 minute ago, ebr said:

I  understood this request to mean he wants to actually modify the "loading spinner" to be something else.  @CAPRICORNX10X please clarify.

If I'm correct, I'll leave this request but it would be rather difficult to accomplish across all systems and would have a very limited audience I'm afraid.

Ah right - with you.   I had taken it to mean a pre-roll.

CAPRICORNX10X
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Indeed it is true, that is what I meant.
I will send an example during the day,

as there are a lot of full Bluray movies,
Pramount's loading spinner or some logo spinner of the same movie that is supposed to play..

I will send an example later

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Indeed it is true, that is what I meant.
I will send an example during the day,

as there are a lot of full Bluray movies,
Pramount's loading spinner or some logo spinner of the same movie that is supposed to play..

I will send an example later

ok - maybe there is still confusion.

If you want what is called a 'pre-roll' - ie you play a short video(s) before playing the main item based on it's content - then that is what VP does above.

ie

it's a Paramount Release with a DTS soundtrack - then you play the 'Paramount' Intro, then the 'DTS' Intro and then you play the Film.

Take a look at the VP link.

Emby also has it's own Plugin to do this called 'Cinema mod'e - but it will be limited in what it can do vs VP.

CAPRICORNX10X
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

ok - maybe there is still confusion.

If you want what is called a 'pre-roll' - ie you play a short video(s) before playing the main item based on it's content - then that is what VP does above.

ie

it's a Paramount Release with a DTS soundtrack - then you play the 'Paramount' Intro, then the 'DTS' Intro and then you play the Film.

Take a look at the VP link.

Emby also has it's own Plugin to do this called 'Cinema mod'e - but it will be limited in what it can do vs VP.

No ,
Thanks for insisting on the intro (pre-roll), but no that's not what I mean.
I do know that there is a feature for this in the form of a 'cinema mod'.
I mean something completely different,
I'll make a video of how it's done on a full Blu-ray movie soon

• Thanks 1

CAPRICORNX10X

First example, from the full uhd Blu-ray movie Spider-Man: No Way Home

The png file is in the jar folder of the bluray files
As you can see the loading spinner is a spider logo loader.png.5dd1aa971596ce80233ded154da2e5df.png

CAPRICORNX10X

I think this would be a great feature to implement within emby
This will raise the quality to another level

unisoft

Not sure they could do that, as the apple tv spinner is different for example and is the Apple tvOS doing it while it loads something else?

If the team could do it, then it could be argued by the team potentially as an emby logo spinner instead of your own.

It would also have to be a plugin as would make the base product complicated to new people as what that configurable item was for until they had mastered Emby if it was not a plugin.

Personally, I wanted to get rid of "spinners" altogether when using Emby's plugin 'Cinema Intros' as it is a nuisance and isn't smooth continuity from bumpers to classification videos shown before a movie starts; you wouldn't see "spinners" in the cinema for example. I think new upgraded Vantage plugin though may have got round that; need to check.

On Apple TV especially, I'd rather the team concentrate on many other issues that have been ongoing (deinterlacing properly, match frame rate and various UI changes) than this request, but it's a community, perhaps it will get upvoted/liked...

Edited by unisoft
  • Agree 1

rbjtech
14 minutes ago, unisoft said:

Not sure they could do that, as the apple tv spinner is different for example and is the Apple tvOS doing it while it loads something else?

If the team could do it, then it could be argued by the team potentially as an emby logo spinner instead of your own.

It would also have to be a plugin as would make the base product complicated to new people as what that configurable item was for until they had mastered Emby if it was not a plugin.

Personally, I wanted to get rid of "spinners" altogether when using Emby's plugin 'Cinema Intros' as it is a nuisance and isn't smooth continuity from bumpers to classification videos shown before a movie starts; you wouldn't see "spinners" in the cinema for example. I think new upgraded Vantage plugin though may have got round that; need to check.

On Apple TV especially, I'd rather the team concentrate on many other issues that have been ongoing (deinterlacing properly, match frame rate and various UI changes) than this request, but it's a community, perhaps it will get upvoted/liked...

Agree 100%.

A 'Spinner' in my view is a sign that the system is not optimal - and the user is left waiting what the issue is.  Should it be spinning at all - how long should I wait ?

Even when transcoding 4K Remux, I only ever see the spinner for maybe 1-2 seconds - so it's really not a big issue but I appreciate for some users, it's going to be there for much longer.

Personally, an informative message would be a much better experience - 'Creating Buffer' 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 etc... '  'Waiting for Server..' etc  

If under 2 seconds - then no spinner at all is probably preferable.

CAPRICORNX10X

I can also agree with that.  And I'm sure there are plenty of users who would prefer it or less.  Because there are many preferences.  I would just like to have that as a option.  Whoever wants to use it as he sees fit.  And those who don't want to use will don't use it....

but the possibility for this feature to exist, in my humble opinion, is a must

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Just to add my 2 pence worth to this. 

im pretty sure that the “loading” component is all CSS animation, and a user could create a custom CSS animation. It would require emby to expose a switch or checkbox that would then use that custom animation component  instead of the default. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

im pretty sure that the “loading” component is all CSS animation

Only on some platforms.  Usually, this "spinner" is some sort of platform component.

Biggest problem with this specific request (using something like the spider man one shown) is where would the art come from?  Perhaps you could use the disc art.  In my personal opinion, I think that would be something that might look interesting once or twice and then just be kind of "gimmicky" after that.  Plus, our goal (which is the case in many cases) is to not have much of that thing ever showing anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

CAPRICORNX10X
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Only on some platforms.  Usually, this "spinner" is some sort of platform component.

Biggest problem with this specific request (using something like the spider man one shown) is where would the art come from?  Perhaps you could use the disc art.  In my personal opinion, I think that would be something that might look interesting once or twice and then just be kind of "gimmicky" after that.  Plus, our goal (which is the case in many cases) is to not have much of that thing ever showing anyway.

I can agree with that...
Especially since everyone has their personal preferences.
Some will think that after a few times it's a gimmick and some will love it all the time
Finding content for this is no problem at all... you can even take the logo of the movie names and make it spinner loading, that's really not the problem.

I think that one way or another this feature should be made available as an option for those who want to mess with it.
This is my opinion...

• 6 months later...

Has there been any thought to this request, or is it dead?  I personally would like to eliminate the spinner all together.  For example, MX Player has the check box option to display the "Loading circle animation" or not.  This would be a great solution for all of the apps across many platforms.  If the guys/gals at MX Player can do this, then the Emby team surely can.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, JGWNet said:

Has there been any thought to this request, or is it dead?  I personally would like to eliminate the spinner all together.  For example, MX Player has the check box option to display the "Loading circle animation" or not.  This would be a great solution for all of the apps across many platforms.  If the guys/gals at MX Player can do this, then the Emby team surely can.

But at the same time Emby does not have control over every player on every platform to accommodate that.