Multiple Tuners and Guides, On Guide Disappears

Hello,

I have an HDHR 4K something or other with 4 tuners and am using the emby guide data for these channels, and all appears to be working well. I also have channels DVR for my cable channels and am using the XML guide data from channels for that.

For some reason the guide data for the HDHR is working fine, but the XML guide data keeps disappearing. I am wondering if there is some error I should be looking for in my logs, or if maybe there is an issue with having multiple Tv Sources and guides. I was looking through my logs and only found some unrelated image provider errors before realizing I didnt know what I was looking for.

Any help would be appreciated as I have to manually refresh the guide each day to get data for the cable channels.

So far its been each day the second guide is empty, all the channels from the m3u tuner remain,  along with guide data from the hdhr.

22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, sounds like at some point the guide data becomes out of date and then it's empty? 

There is a picture of what I mean. I had to refresh the guide 3 times yesterday as the xml data just keeps going away. It was gone again this morning. 

guide.png

@Luke This seems to be some issue with using an XML guide. I changed the guide for my cable channels to use another emby guide data and now it works just fine, but if I use emby data for the antenna channels, and XML for the cable channels, the XML data seems to get wiped out.

Hi, why do you think the xml gets wiped out? I would check the channel mappings in Emby Live TV setup to ensure the tuner channels are mapped to guide channels.

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, why do you think the xml gets wiped out? I would check the channel mappings in Emby Live TV setup to ensure the tuner channels are mapped to guide channels.

As shown by the image and the other things I've mentioned previously, the xml guide data does get wiped out if I use the emby guide data as well for my antenna channels. If I use the xml guide data for the cable channels and never add an emby guide it works perfectly fine.

Only when I'm using them both the xml data gets erased until I manually run a guide refresh.

So:

Emby guide for antenna + xml guide for cable = xml guide gets wiped out after a few hours, emby guide works fine.

Emby guide for antenna + separate Emby guide for cable = Works fine, though not all of my channels can be mapped properly.

Xml guide for cable + no emby guide for antenna = works fine, but now id lose my antenna channels.

In the event you are wondering this is on Windows 11 Emby version 4.7.6

I would check the channel mappings in Emby Live TV setup to ensure the tuner channels are mapped to guide channels.

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

I would check the channel mappings in Emby Live TV setup to ensure the tuner channels are mapped to guide channels.

They are mapped correctly.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

How are you determining this?

26 minutes ago, lukeoslavia said:

If I use the xml guide data for the cable channels and never add an emby guide it works perfectly fine.

Also, by looking at the channel mappings on the channel mapping screen. The channels are mapped correctly.

Would channels being incorrectly mapped normally result in all the guide data getting cleared anyway? I haven't seen that happen before, and now that I have to exclusively use the emby guide data, I do have incorrectly mapped channels, and the guide data is still there, seems an odd tangent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 2:07 PM, Luke said:

@lukeoslavia can you try it again?

So I had to change servers and am now running in linux, I set up my tuners the same way again. If I use emby guide data for my hdhomerun, then use an xml guide for my channels DVR channels, the xml guide gets erased after an hour or two. Im on 4.7.8.0

Also, new development, there seems to be a problem with xml guides in general. When I add the xml guide as the only guide source, it gets 4 hours of guide data for all channels, even if I set it to 14 days. I can also confirm the guide data for 14 days is actually there, emby just isn't getting it.

2 hours ago, lukeoslavia said:

Also, new development, there seems to be a problem with xml guides in general. When I add the xml guide as the only guide source, it gets 4 hours of guide data for all channels, even if I set it to 14 days. I can also confirm the guide data for 14 days is actually there, emby just isn't getting it.

Hi, did you check the contents of your xml data, including checking the timestamps of the program entries contained within?

This question comes up a lot, and pretty much every single time the data is just not there to begin with.

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you check the contents of your xml data, including checking the timestamps of the program entries contained within?

This question comes up a lot, and pretty much every single time the data is just not there to begin with.

I tested it by spinning up a jellyfin server and adding in the same info there. For some reason, it works fine in jellyfin, but I had to alter the url to the xml guide for emby. It seems to be okay now, but I am also using the xml guide for both the hdhomerun and channels dvr channels.

I had to use a different url that I had found in the channels forums. So far it seems like it is working, if it continues to work through the next couple days I can post it on here. 

The link was http://myserver/devices/TVE-YouTubeTV/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600, which works fine in jellyfin. But I changed it to http://myserver/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600 and now it seems to be working fine in emby.

Edited by lukeoslavia