Slowness Editing Metadata

moviefan

moviefan

I finally went through the upgrade process of Win7 -> Win10 last night to get back on the latest version of Emby.  Most things went well, although I have to say requiring premiere to be licensed before allowing a restore to happen is a strange requirement.  Should allow the restore to happen so the key can be re-inserted appropriately.

In any case, after rescanning my library some items show up as recently added even though they are not.  This seems to happen every time I rebuild my Emby system I guess because some nfos didn't have the date added written to them for whatever reason.

I typically fix this by just going through the ones that are showing up incorrectly and changing the date added to a year or two in the past.  As I am doing this right now it is taking 30-60 seconds each time I click save after changing the date.  At first I thought it wasn't working at all and did a bunch of permission checking which all checked out.  Now I can see that the changes are actually working if i let them sit long enough.  But it seems like it shouldn't take more than a second or two to update the date added field in the NFO file.  Am I missing something?

Attaching recent server log after making a few of these changes.

embyserver.txt

Hi, I don't see anything obvious here, but maybe this isn't helping:

2022-08-11 15:19:55.776 Error App: Error getting files from \\Stone\TV
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Emby/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found. : '\\Stone\TV'

Happy2Play
28 minutes ago, moviefan said:

In any case, after rescanning my library some items show up as recently added even though they are not.  This seems to happen every time I rebuild my Emby system I guess because some nfos didn't have the date added written to them for whatever reason.

Do you have locked metadata?  But yes if not present Emby will use Date added behavior for new content setting.

What is this library?

System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found. : '\\Stone\TV'

moviefan
45 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Do you have locked metadata?  But yes if not present Emby will use Date added behavior for new content setting.

What is this library?

System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found. : '\\Stone\TV'

No locked metadata here.

That path is referring to my auto organize location which I hadn't gotten around to setting up sharing for yet on the new OS.  It is fixed and working now.

moviefan

Another thing to note ... while it is trying to change the file date the whole Emby server becomes unresponsive.  I just tried playing a show on my nVidia Shield while it was doing the spinning circle thing and it wouldn't even let me open my library until after it finished changing the date.

moviefan

Any further thoughts here guys?  I already ended up editing the metadata for all of the incorrect movies but am still concerned about future edits.  Don't understand why date editing is causing such a huge performance problem.  Editing images doesn't exhibit similar behavior.

I don' t see anything obvious yet but we are going to have a 4.7.7 release soon that will contain some performance improvements.

In the meantime you could try playing with some of the server database options such as scheduling a vacuum and/or increasing the cache size.

• 3 weeks later...
moviefan

FYI this issue seems to have disappeared without any obvious change.  Can't explain it but it now takes less than a second to save date edits.

But anyway, how do I increase cache size?  I have lots of leftover RAM and fast disk (SSD) space on this system and if it helps performance might make sense to do anyway.

EDIT: Found it and bumped to 1024

Edited by moviefan
  • Thanks 1