Purge any ffmpeg cache after stopping playback

MSI2017

MSI2017

Hi all, 

I'm experiencing some issues with HDR playback on the latest WebOS app on my LG CX (which doesn't support DTS). 

When playing back an HDR10 file with DTS audio it will automatically select a PGSUB. Because these have to be baked in it will transcode the video. Unfortunately this results in a purple artifacty screen with the TV not detecting HDR. 

When selecting a normal SRT file the app will take approximately forever to load (TV actually goes to Screensaver) and will often fail to load it at all. When not selecting any subtitles it will playback instantly and with HDR detection but somehow there's still some corrupted frames in there where the TV will just display a mix of colours at peak brightness. Probably due to audio transcoding. 

The super long loading times also sometimes happen on files that the TV can natively play. It's on a speedy 5Ghz connection with emby running on server with 1gbit ethernet, fast WD Red drives and priority in the router. It's the TV app alone which has this problem. 

Also the subtitles during DV and HDR playback are so bright I'm concerned about the OLED, I know a Grey option is coming but having a transparency setting would work better I believe since Grey would still keep mostly the white subpixel of the panel enabled, whilst transparency would get the RGB subpixels working as well. 

• 4 months later...