Playback Randomly Stops

EkoOne

Since updating to v4.7.6.0 playback of movies (SD, HD, UHD) randomly stops with no option to resume playback even though the movie has not completely played. I thought perhaps it was a one-off corrupt file but it happens with every movie I try and with every device be it a laptop, phone or TV/Roku. Very frustrating.

This has never happened before and I've not changed any settings in months so I'm at a loss.

Ok. From a safety/security standpoint is there any info in the Emby log that should not be posted publicly? For example, an IP address etc.

On 8/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, EkoOne said:

Ok. From a safety/security standpoint is there any info in the Emby log that should not be posted publicly? For example, an IP address etc.

Hi, the 4.7 server release has log anonymization features now so if you get the log from the web interface your remote ip should be replaced with a generic value.

@Luke I'm having a similar issue, playback will stop after a few minutes when using Safari. All other browsers work fine but I prefer to use Safari for it's PiP mode.

Problem happens every time on all media. Emby then marks the item as played, almost as if it just skips to the end of the media.

It started happening a couple of weeks ago, I have wiped the Mac and done a clean install of MacOS Monterey and the issue persists.

@Luke An update:

Like @adkeyz I use Safari (currently v15.6) exclusively with Emby and the situation has somehow gotten worse rendering Emby unusable with Safari. I started using Firefox (v103.0.2) and so far no random quitting issues but some "hanging" with 2K .mkv files, though .mp4 seem to fare better, i.e. no hanging.

Clearly Safari and Emby are not playing nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Luke This is still an issue.

MacOS Monterey recently got a small update along with an update to Safari (Now v16.0) and the issue still persists.

Edited by adkeyz