Synology and Emby not Communicating

Franklin18

Franklin18

Hello, I have a Synology DS920+ running on DSM 7.1-42661 Update 4. When i first installed it, it was all working fine. After a couple of weeks i wasn't able to log-in outside my home network and then it completely stopped working, now i cant access the emby server at all. When i attempt to log in from my Nas server either from my home network or outside i get a white page that says Forbidden

Screenshot 2022-08-09 222058.png

Franklin18

How can my setting on my emby account be set to their default setting, since i believe this is where the issue is located

Happy2Play

Looks like another recent topic, have you changed any of Emby's Network settings?

If so you will need to shutdown Emby and navigate the system.xml and manually edit it.

Edited by Happy2Play

Franklin18

Yes, I made a couple of changes on the Emby dashboard trying to fix an issue I was having, that I wasn’t able to login remotely, only in my home network. After this is when I started getting the forbidden message.

Sorry for the ignores but new to all of this, how would I go about shutdown the Emby server and navigation  to the system.xml to edit it

Happy2Play

@Franklin18 Not a Synology user but can't you shut down Emby from DSM Control Panel?

As for getting to file you would have to use something like WinSCP to get to the files.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Use something like WinSCP, putty, Terminal, etc to open and edit

/volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/config/system.xml

• Like 1