Using Aeon Neon Silvo skin

Dynamite_Dan

Dynamite_Dan

Hello. I've been a Kodi and Emby user for years but recently discovered EmbyCon (yes).
I am using Kodi 19.4 with the latest version of EmbyCon (repository) on Windows 10 x64 PRO with +500 movies.
I use the Aeon Neon Silvo skin.
*When I go to the Info page of a movie I don't see the actors (even scrolling down)
*If I use ScreenSaver when I come back it asks me to login to the Emby Server account (I deactivated the option but it does the same thing)
*As a last step I installed Emby-Next-Gen and a DB was generated in Kodi that allowed me (now) to use random images in the main menu. Is this correct?

I appreciate all the help you can give me!

DiscoDuck79
3 hours ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

Hello. I've been a Kodi and Emby user for years but recently discovered EmbyCon (yes).
I am using Kodi 19.4 with the latest version of EmbyCon (repository) on Windows 10 x64 PRO with +500 movies.
I use the Aeon Neon Silvo skin.
*When I go to the Info page of a movie I don't see the actors (even scrolling down)
*If I use ScreenSaver when I come back it asks me to login to the Emby Server account (I deactivated the option but it does the same thing)
*As a last step I installed Emby-Next-Gen and a DB was generated in Kodi that allowed me (now) to use random images in the main menu. Is this correct?

I appreciate all the help you can give me!

I haven't used EmbyCon myself, but you should use either EmbyCon or Emby-Next-Gen and not both. For next-gen support there's another subforum on the site.

Edited by DiscoDuck79
  • Thanks 1

TeamB
1 hour ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

but you should use either EmbyCon or Emby-Next-Gen and not both

You can use both, there should be no issues.

2 hours ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

When I go to the Info page of a movie I don't see the actors (even scrolling down)

You need to enable people in the embycon settings.

3 hours ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

I use ScreenSaver when I come back it asks me to login to the Emby Server account (I deactivated the option but it does the same thing)

Did you restart kodi after changing the setting

• Thanks 1

Dynamite_Dan

@DiscoDuck79 Thanks. I did not make any changes to its configuration after installing it. I'll keep that subforum in mind.

@TeamB Thanks. I had not taken into account its settings and options. Now works OK!

But on the other hand, these other options don't work (for me): Include People, (Don't) Group Movies

And finally, one of my libraries now looks without titles.

Kodi and Windows restarted.

screen 1.jpg

screen 2.jpg

screen 3.jpg

collection.jpg

rightlist.jpg

Edited by Dynamite_Dan

TeamB

a few things to check.

You need to clear any cached files when you change the people setting. For testing this just turn off caching in the EmbyCon advanced settings.

Advanced -> Cache emby server data response = OFF

Also you can clear any cached data using the "Clear cached serve data" action in the addon main menu under  "Add-on actions" menu.

If you are still having people issues switch back to the default skin Estuary and make sure it (people) is working there, some skins do their own thing using extra addons that are not supported in EmbyCon.

Grouping might be the same as above, clear the data cache.

Not sure about the missing titles, again try clearing the cache, try the default skin etc.

• Thanks 1

TeamB
7 hours ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

But on the other hand, these other options don't work (for me): Include People, (Don't) Group Movies

And finally, one of my libraries now looks without titles.

a few things to check.

You need to clear any cached files when you change the people setting. For testing this just turn off caching in the EmbyCon advanced settings.

Advanced -> Cache emby server data response = OFF

Also you can clear any cached data using the "Clear cached serve data" action in the addon main menu under  "Add-on actions" menu.

If you are still having people issues switch back to the default skin Estuary and make sure it (people) is working there, some skins do their own thing using extra addons that are not supported in EmbyCon.

Grouping might be the same as above, clear the data cache.

Not sure about the missing titles, again try clearing the cache, try the default skin etc.

Dynamite_Dan

@TeamB Thanks! I think I read your post late 😄

I was able to find the solution and I leave it here in case someone finds it useful:
Once the configurations in EmbyCon have been made, the custom menus must be generated again (only "Choose Item For Menu").

Dynamite_Dan

When I select Pause I see this. Can it be corrected?
When I start Kodi for a few seconds this happens: it takes time to load the posters in the widget.

screenshot00002.png

screenshot00003.png

TeamB
4 hours ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

When I select Pause I see this. Can it be corrected?

yes that can be removed

4 hours ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

When I start Kodi for a few seconds this happens: it takes time to load the posters in the widget.

not sure this can be fixed, it is just how Kodi works

TeamB
1 hour ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

How can be removed?

I have released a new beta with the changes to remove the text.

quickmic
17 hours ago, Dynamite_Dan said:

it takes time to load the posters in the widget.

It becomes better when artwork is cached (Kodi does that automatically once a picture/image was shown).

Also performance depends on used skin, skin helpers and the nodes/widgets.

Nodes and widgets probably can be optimized. (e.g. limit the items to be shown.) Not sure if this tweak is applicable/makes sense for Embycon

Edited by quickmic

Dynamite_Dan

I was able to solve the "problem" with the widget by using the hide option & popup on focus.

• Like 1