#22 porkbone OFFLINE  

porkbone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Local time: 07:44 AM
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

That did the trick!  Every podcast now starts right away. I'm guessing the hack you removed was the one you put in there a while back to let us skip forward through podcasts or something like that. I'll miss that ability, but I prefer stability over a light convenience, so thanks, ebr for taking care of that. Besides, my mute button works quite well! :D

Edited by porkbone, 06 October 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#23 boston_BEN OFFLINE  

boston_BEN

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 03:44 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

I also had this issue.  I updated to MBC 217 and now podcasts play as soon as I hit play, but I do miss the static stream.  The static stream played more smoothly and I could ff/rew.  But, like porkbone, I'd rather the podcasts play without refreshing than anything else, esp. since I use chocolate theme.  Thanks ebr!!

#24 boston_BEN OFFLINE  

boston_BEN

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 03:44 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

Spoke too soon, I guess. I'm having audio issues now with the podcasts plugin.  I'm getting some clipping once the podcast is about 60 seconds in or so.

Ebr, will you have time to work on getting static streams running again?  Or will MBC users be transcoding for the foreseeable future?  I'd just like to know so I can decide how much time/effort to put into resolving these audio issues.  I never had any problems with static streams, so if those will be back again soon, I'll just deal with the clipping till then.

Thanks!

#25 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47455 posts
  • Local time: 09:44 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

I don't know that there is anything I can do on my side.  Something about how they are fed at the server end must have changed.

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139809 posts
  • Local time: 09:44 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:51 PM

The Podcasts plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Podcasts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users