Display background soundtrack in movies and shows.

Amanade3

Amanade3

As a feature, it is good to see what soundtrack is playing (song and artist) in the movie or in the episode. so that people can go and listen to the song they like on Spotify or other services. The tunefind website provides data on the songs playing in each episode in a series and movies. i think they have the api too. Here is a sample video to illustrate what i mean.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi, yes I agree. It's something we're interested in for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

SikSlayer
On 8/9/2022 at 5:41 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes I agree. It's something we're interested in for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

You mean this is something you've considered?

I'd love to be able to associate an album to a movie/series in my collection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amanade3

Yeah i agree. Plex has been doing it for a while( just library association not the osd in the sample video). Emby devs can do similar thing like they did to movie trailers. If you have a local trailer it shows up in the details page and if you don setup a trailer youtube links show up instead. So similarly they can do audio library association and spotify or tidal links if the song is missing in the library.

Screenshot_20220812-075729_Plex.jpg

• Thanks 1

Amanade3

As library association tells a list of songs featured in the movie, the osd tells what song is playing at the exact scene more like shazam for emby. This makes it more appealing to end users. Well you can make it optional as some users might not want to be distracted. But overall i believe this feature will make emby to stand out from other services. I havent seen this feature in other media servers. I m counting on @Luke to see both features in the future.

Edited by Amanade3
  • Agree 1