group seasons into collection

Adam Pessach

Adam Pessach

I would very much appreciate it if it was possible to add a feature, in the metadata menu of any tv show, that enables to merge several seasons under one collection 

rbjtech

You can add to a collection either at a season level or at an individual episode level.   Just use the 'Add to Collection' option.

If you wish to merge multiple episodes from multiple seasons into one 'flat' collection - then it's a little painful as you need to individually select all the items and keep adding into the same collection - but it works ok.

Adam Pessach

the idea is to merge multiple seasons and still having them intact and appear as a collection in seasons. plus when you add episodes to a collection in the seasons wont combine to a collection in the show's menu

So essentially you want to create a collection containing all of the episodes of a selected set of seasons?

Adam Pessach

No what i want to create is a collection of seasons not of episodes. To be able to pick several seasons and combine them to a collection. It will appear like a collection with seasons thumbnails and not just another season that contain episodes thumbnails. If I wanted to have only the episodes i would have created the collection as a season and edit the data myself...

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, Adam Pessach said:

No what i want to create is a collection of seasons not of episodes. To be able to pick several seasons and combine them to a collection. It will appear like a collection with seasons thumbnails and not just another season that contain episodes thumbnails. If I wanted to have only the episodes i would have created the collection as a season and edit the data myself...

@rbjtech gave you an answer to that in the very first reply. Use three-dot menu on Season level>Add to Collection. 

• Agree 1

rbjtech

Unless we are misunderstanding what you mean - I explained this in my first reply.

Perhaps some pics would help -

At the Season level - just select Add to Collection (create the collection etc or add to an existing one)

image.png.f935f86f4be70c6be73aac775db273d9.png

The result is the collection now shows the Seasons you added - 2 & 3 in my example below.  If you wanted individual episodes as well - then they would show as episodes, not as seasons.

There is no way in the GUI to add 'nested' collections - it's one flat view.

image.png.b178061baa2e10b5f9a383f52d514e47.png

Edited by rbjtech

Adam Pessach

The problem was not creating the collection in the season level i want the seasons to merge in to a collection, like in the movies and tv menu that have the option to group in to collection.. I hope I was clear :)

rbjtech
13 minutes ago, Adam Pessach said:

According to the first picture you send i want season 2 and 3 to become 1 collection

Sorry, I'm really not with you.

Season 2 and Season 3 in my example ARE a collection - called 'test collection' ... ?

1 hour ago, Adam Pessach said:

According to the first picture you send i want season 2 and 3 to become 1 collection

Hi.  So you are saying that, on the TV Series detail screen, in the "Seasons" row, you would want to see a collection in the place of Seasons 2 and 3?

If that's what you are asking for, honestly, I don't see us doing this as the use-case has to be incredibly small.

Adam Pessach
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  So you are saying that, on the TV Series detail screen, in the "Seasons" row, you would want to see a collection in the place of Seasons 2 and 3?

If that's what you are asking for, honestly, I don't see us doing this as the use-case has to be incredibly small.

This was my intention... thanks for the reply and I would really appreciate it if you would be able to adopt this as a feature on future updates