Add descriptions to buttons on apps.

BestYohman

BestYohman

My partner is blind and when using talkback on android tv or using the firestick all we get is the description of "button" on the firestick or on android tv it says unlabeled button. I was wondering if a description could be added to the buttons so someone that is hard of seeing could navigate.

BestYohman

When sideloading on the android tv it does read the button description "play button play" Navigation is very clunky though.

7 minutes ago, BestYohman said:

When sideloading on the android tv it does read the button description "play button play" Navigation is very clunky though.

Hi, why do you think navigation is clunky?

BestYohman

When opening the app it highlights the whole screen and reads "emby out of view list" You press down and it highlights the home favorites saying nothing. You can't go down the list at all with talkback on. Just scrolls to the right until the end of whatever its on then moves down.Ā  When moving to my media it says "my media" with the box highlighted then it highlights all options saying nothingĀ  including the my media text still saying nothing you have to press it one more time to move to say what is in the my media section.

BestYohman

You need to press down 12 times to get to movies on the sideloaded version. On the android tv one it opensĀ  directly on it and you are able to move around with no issues.

5 hours ago, BestYohman said:

You need to press down 12 times to get to movies on the sideloaded version. On the android tv one it opensĀ  directly on it and you are able to move around with no issues.

12 times from where?

BestYohman

When pressing down

1 highlights whole screen (says emby webview emby)

2 highlights home favorites (says nothing)

3 highlights home (says home)

4 highlights favorites (says favorites)

5 search button (says search)

6 settings buttons (says settings)

7 time (says the time)

8 highlights all screen ( says my media continue watching.. goes through all heading text)

9 my media (says my media)

10 highlights my media and all options in area (says nothing)

11 highlights all options in my media (says nothing)

12 my movies (says my movies)

• Thanks 1

BestYohman

I found that the apple tv does say everything fine. Is it possible to add descriptions to the buttons on android tv and amazon fire or should I just buy her a Apple tv. Thank you for all you do.