Memory pegged on rebuilt hardware

bjs339

bjs339

I rebuilt my computer with a new motherboard and cpu, moved my Emby libraries to a new drive, and updated the Emby configuration to point to the new locations. Since starting back up, memory usage by Emby often climbs to 100% within a few minutes and never drops. It seems as if some internal process is stuck and just burns through memory until it's maxed out. This doesn't happen every time, but often enough that it's a problem. I end up killing the Emby Server process to use the computer again.

Any help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated. This is on Windows 10 with an i5-12600 processor and the media has been moved to a new m.2 drive. The Emby installation remains on the same disk that it was on before - only the libraries have moved.

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63795403738.txt

Happy2Play

Not sure if related but looks like your WAN address is detected as local IP address per detected local IP addresses.

bjs339
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure if related but looks like your WAN address is detected as local IP address per detected local IP addresses.

Where are you seeing that? This?:

2022-08-06 17:28:46.001 Info NetworkManager: Detected local ip addresses: 10.0.0.3, 2601:246:0:9dc0::2ada, 2601:246:0:9dc0:52eb:f6ff:fed0:47ed, fe80::52eb:f6ff:fed0:47ed%17, 100.78.192.61, 127.0.0.1, fd7a:115c:a1e0:ab12:4843:cd96:624e:c03d, ::1

bjs339

Yep, that's my tailscale tunnel, although that would not have changed. I'm wondering if this has to do with moving the libraries to a new disk. Right now the Scan Media Libraries scheduled task has been stuck on 87.6% for a while.

bjs339

This is definitely being caused by the media scan. I've removed all libraries and am adding them back one by one. I see the scan kick off after the folders are added and some of them complete pretty quickly. There's one library in particular, though, that brings the server to a crawl. It gets to about 91-92%, then stops progressing as the memory spikes. Like it can't get through all the files and folders.

bjs339

I've created nine libraries with movies, tv, music, and mixed content types. The tenth that I'd like to create is home photos and videos, but it never completes the scan.

17 hours ago, bjs339 said:

The tenth that I'd like to create is home photos and videos

Hi.  How many photos?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is resolved in the 4.8 beta channel, in 4.8.0.8+. We are working on getting the fixes backported into a new 4.7.X stable release. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, bjs339 said:

@LukeDid this ever get ported into the stable branch? I'm on 4.7.13.0 and it seems that it's still a problem.

HI, it will be in the upcoming 4.8 release. Thanks.

• Like 1

casminkey
On 8/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, Luke said:

HI, it will be in the upcoming 4.8 release. Thanks.

Just migrated to a new server and experiencing this?  Can I install the beta until 4.8 is released?

4 hours ago, casminkey said:

Just migrated to a new server and experiencing this?  Can I install the beta until 4.8 is released?

Hi, if you're experiencing high memory usage due to photos in Emby Server, then yes.

• Like 1