No compatible streams available and no thumbnails on android 12

midk9t

midk9t

Hello devs! I just installed emby server with com.emby.embyserver_4.7.6.0.apk on my xiaomi 10 pro with android 12. But after I added media folders, all video playback failed and no thumbnails were generated. I take a look at the logs and there are many errors regarding ffmpeg failing to execute. Log files below. Could it be an android 12 specific issues?

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3732ef57-a432-4e02-942c-b669cfe5a843_1.txt

Hi, transcoding is currently not supported on android 12. It's something we're still working on. Thanks.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, midk9t said:

Hello devs! I just installed emby server with com.emby.embyserver_4.7.6.0.apk on my xiaomi 10 pro with android 12. But after I added media folders, all video playback failed and no thumbnails were generated. I take a look at the logs and there are many errors regarding ffmpeg failing to execute. Log files below. Could it be an android 12 specific issues?

embyserver.txt 129.87 kB · 1 download ffmpeg-transcode-3732ef57-a432-4e02-942c-b669cfe5a843_1.txt 2.23 kB · 1 download

Hello. I'm with the same problem. The partial solution is  disable transcoding in the user profile, but the subtitles will not work. In other words, if you have movies or series in your language, you won't have any problems.

midk9t
8 hours ago, bhzd said:

Hello. I'm with the same problem. The partial solution is  disable transcoding in the user profile, but the subtitles will not work. In other words, if you have movies or series in your language, you won't have any problems.

Thanks for the advice. But that doesn't help in my case unfortunately😥