Don't loop theme music

rcanpolat

rcanpolat

Is there a way to not loop theme music?

I have a folder called "theme-music" with an mp3 inside to play as theme music for some TV shows and some movies. The problem is on my Android TV i have a screen saver set to come on after 5 or so minutes. The theme music keeps playing and looping behind the screen saver. Its fine if the theme music is peaceful but its a bit unnerving when something like "The Walking Dead" theme music plays over a blissful scene of Hawaii 🤣

HI, there is currently no option for this but it's certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Kindly leave it on loop for those of us that do not allow AndroidTV screen saver to kick in.

rcanpolat
40 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, there is currently no option for this but it's certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

Thank you

36 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Kindly leave it on loop for those of us that do not allow AndroidTV screen saver to kick in.

A simple loop on/off feature would work for both instances. 

• Thanks 1

rcanpolat
23 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Is this a client specific issue?

It loops on my Sony Bravia Android TV and i've tested it on my PC web browser and it loops there too. 

rcanpolat
5 hours ago, crusher11 said:

@rcanpolatare you sure the looping isn't part of the actual file? 

Nope, because i created the mp3 files myself. They are short burst 30 second audio files and its only 1 mp3 per movie.

Its odd, it loops a few times, say 3 or 4 times, then it stops. Then when my screen saver starts up it starts to loop again in the background of the screensaver another 3 or 4 times. 

visproduction

I see that modules/thememediaplayer.js items.length is called in the EventListener to stop playback of the theme.  What happens if the MP3 has invalid frameheader data and the duration is missing?  Would that cause playback to loop?  Does no items.length in the var themeMediaResult... and the end of the function "!0", stop the eventlistener from being valid. So, the event listener never gets created for mp3 with incorrect duration metadata?  Maybe put error correction for no value for Items.length to auto stop playing after 90 seconds or so?

document.addEventListener("itemshow", function(e) {
	currentPlayer&&!currentPlayer.isLocalPlayer||(e=e.detail.item)&&e.ServerId&&function(item){
		var apiClient,
		enableThemeVideos;
		!item.CollectionType&&!excludeTypes.includes(item.Type)&&item.ServerId&&item.Id?(
			apiClient=_connectionmanager.default.getApiClient(item),
			enableThemeVideos=_usersettings.default.enableThemeVideos(),
			apiClient.getThemeMedia(item.Id, {
				UserId:apiClient.getCurrentUserId(),
				InheritFromParent:!0,
				EnableThemeSongs:_usersettings.default.enableThemeSongs(),
				EnableThemeVideos:enableThemeVideos
				}
			)
			.then(function(themeMediaResult) {
				var themeMediaResult=themeMediaResult.ThemeVideosResult.Items.length?themeMediaResult.ThemeVideosResult:themeMediaResult.ThemeSongsResult,
				ownerId=themeMediaResult.OwnerId;
				ownerId!==currentOwnerId&&playThemeMedia(
					themeMediaResult.Items,
					ownerId)
			})
		)
		:stopIfPlaying()
	}
	(e)
},!0),