Extras in Kodi

Chalklands

Chalklands

Been using Kodi & Emby for Kodi on a Nvidia Shield for a few months now, and have settled on the Aeon MQ 8 skin. Got everything set up as I want it, so loathe to change to another skin.

However, when it comes to movie extras it doesn't work. I just get a blank screen when I select 'extras' in the context menu. Is there some setting I need to change?

I have a test Kodi installation on a Firestick, and If I disable emby and link my movies library through Kodi it works. Any suggestions for a fix as overall I like using emby with Kodi?

Thanks 

• Like 1

quickmic

The extras plugin is NOT needed any longer. This feature is added directly into next-gen plugin.

-> Context menu -> emby options -> special features

• 2 weeks later...
RaptorCentauri

@quickmic just a heads up that the extra feature (Kodi addon) still has use. It allows for more organized special features and also a separation of tv special features and special episodes when used with a tv library 

quickmic

Not sure what are the additional functions (for TVShows)

Special episodes are supported by Kodi' stock functions (and the plugin supports them IF correctly tagged on Emby server).

For movies, it's different. No Kodi functions are available, so the (specials) option was added (or extras plugin).

RaptorCentauri

Regarding TV Shows, as it stands Emby supports a "specials" folder that is to contain bonus features as well as Special edition episodes. (Such as Doctor Who Christmas Specials).

I use the Kodi "extras" add on to separate those categories. So the Emby "Specials" are just special episodes. Bonus features live and distinct "extras" folder. It makes for a nicer experience, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
Chalklands
On 8/16/2022 at 11:20 PM, RaptorCentauri said:

Regarding TV Shows, as it stands Emby supports a "specials" folder that is to contain bonus features as well as Special edition episodes. (Such as Doctor Who Christmas Specials).

I use the Kodi "extras" add on to separate those categories. So the Emby "Specials" are just special episodes. Bonus features live and distinct "extras" folder. It makes for a nicer experience, IMO.

Great tip. Thank you!

RaptorCentauri
5 hours ago, Chalklands said:

Great tip. Thank you!

put a .ignore file in the extras folder, this will prevent emby from scanning it.