Chromecast streaming stopped working

itsvinod2k

itsvinod2k

Hi, 
I seem to have the same issue now. Everything was working fine until few days back and now the same loading screen indefinitely spinning and eventually after several minutes (only in some videos) there is an short play of video but then paused indefinitely. I tried to enable hardware acceleration from my server PC (TS140, 12GB, with NVIDIA GT720) to view in Sony Android TV.  I am also an Emby Premiere user.

I will appreciate if you could share the resolution with me so I can also try. Thanks in advance.

Edited by itsvinod2k
Missing to ask for the resolution

itsvinod2k

Hi, 
I resolved the issues myself by looking at similar threads. It seems for some reason the bit rate at the playing end (Sony KDLX903 Android TV) was set at 80M??. Once I saw suggestions to reduce the bit rate at the player end then I figured out there is additional menu in the player and selected "Playback correction" menu from the settings icon, it resolved the issue and set the rate at 3M as it was shown for this video in the server. I also tried using the manual option to reduce the rate but I think the "Playback correction" does it perfectly. I guess there should be a automatic setting to ensure the Emby Player in Android TV sets the same rate as it is in the Emby server. 

Much appreciate your quick response as well Luke ! I am reporting the issue for the first time, next time onwards I will follow the instructions you have mentioned above. Thanks a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 1:28 PM, itsvinod2k said:

Hi, 
I resolved the issues myself by looking at similar threads. It seems for some reason the bit rate at the playing end (Sony KDLX903 Android TV) was set at 80M??. Once I saw suggestions to reduce the bit rate at the player end then I figured out there is additional menu in the player and selected "Playback correction" menu from the settings icon, it resolved the issue and set the rate at 3M as it was shown for this video in the server. I also tried using the manual option to reduce the rate but I think the "Playback correction" does it perfectly. I guess there should be a automatic setting to ensure the Emby Player in Android TV sets the same rate as it is in the Emby server. 

Much appreciate your quick response as well Luke ! I am reporting the issue for the first time, next time onwards I will follow the instructions you have mentioned above. Thanks a lot. 

@itsvinod2k

Hi, that sounds more like a workaround than a fix.  Let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!