SAMSUNG SMART TV J4290

Ait991

Ait991

Hi, i have a samung smart tv model J4290, i tried to install emby usb with this link https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip but it doesnt recognize the app, i have a tizen samsung tv that works fine with that installer, is there any other way to intall emby app in my samsung j4290? i used to use the web browser but is really slow. Hoping for your answer, greetings.

Ait991

Let me explain, I have the usb installer, in the tizen model it recognize the app and installs it automatically, but in the model J4290 (which im trying to use with the installer) it doesnt do the same process, i mean doesnt intall anything, now im asking: Why?

Nothing, Thats the problem. YOU HAVE A USB INSTALLER FOR THE TIZEN SERIES RIGHT? Well, in the other model (the J4290) It doesnt do anything, What i mean, it doesnt intall the app while in the tizen series it does, i wanna know why?

example.png.4ff1a980d65c31ee363d0f1a62faea67.png

This in an example of what it looks like, in the tizen model appear an icon in the corner saying: `Emby app detected` then automatically install it, but in this model it doesnt.

i don't know if the tv model its different than the required or what, thats my doubt. But as i see netflix and other apps i thought that emby app could install without problems

FrostByte

Samsung J4200 TVs run the legacy OS Orsay which is why the Tizen app won't install. 

If you want to run Emby on your Orsay TV your only option is to run the app built by a community member.  It is no longer developed, but I believe it still works.  Other than that, you could buy an external box of some sort to run Emby.

TV Model Groups | Samsung Developers