No iOS Devices in Download list anymore

lacose

lacose

Hello Guys,

since the last Reboot of my Emby Server i cant download to any of my iOS Devices. They are registered within Emby but they dont appear in the Download to List anymore. The download button itself in the iOS App dosnt have any function i can press it but nothing happens any idea how to fix it ? 

1125415355_Screenshot2022-08-05111324.thumb.png.140f237187a97eb638b9627e5e3128e4.pngUnbenannt.thumb.png.d765011e77f8bd147b449d70b712b534.pngimage0.thumb.png.d83bb6b8b239cbc855e8015db688b0d6.png

HI, we have an Emby for iOS 2.2.2 update going out, hopefully today, and that should resolve this issue. The affected devices will need to sign in again once they have the update. Thanks.

pwhodges

As of this evening, all my iOS devices (phones, pad) are showing in the Download To dropdown.

Paul

lacose

I deleted the Emby Apps of my Ipads and purged the Debvice list on the Emby Server itself redownloaded the Apps on my Iphone and my Ipad with 2.2.2. and still have the same issue

Should i resetup the whole Server ? 

embyneu.png

image0.png

image1.png

FamilyBailey

Sadly I cannot download anything to my iPad either (even after updating to the latest version).  I have paid for Emby Premiere for months now and when I want to download some TV shows to take on Holiday I find that I cannot do it.  This is really disappointing.

tjmc1134

I’m seeing the same issue on my iPad with 2.2.2. Tried logging out, deleting the app, and created a new user account. I don’t see any ability to get logs from the iOS side of things. Not sure what to do next.

Apologies for the disruption. There will be one more 2.2.3 update to correct this. It was submitted last night so hopefully by tomorrow it will be out. Thanks guys.

FamilyBailey

I have installed 2.2.3 and the download works - sometimes.  However, some of the movies and TV shows I asked to download have never appeared on my iPad - they show on the server as "Ready to transfer" or "Failed" (I have not found any explanation about why they failed). I tried to delete a download from my iPad to see if more room was needed.  Even though the TV show no longer shows in Emby it still seems to be using space, according to the storage details on the iPad.

I am afraid that I am complete baffled.  I cannot understand how downloading things can be so user un-friendly.  Surely I am not expected to go into the settings on Emby Server to figure out what is going on.  Most other apps that allow downloads show a list of the items waiting for download on the app itself.  And they actually download the items.

I am beginning to run our of enthusiasm for Emby on the iPad.  It works brilliantly with Apple TV but downloading items to use offline, for me at least, doesn't seem to work very well at all.

Same here, my sister just contacted me asking why nothing is downloading, having a look at the dashboard all I see are failed downloads.
Starting the same from my Android phone doesn't seem to cause the conversion to fail.

The conversion command is different comparing Android vs. iOS but the essential part seems to be iOS missing the extension.
Attached a ffmpeg log.

When will this get fixed once and for all?!
This stuff is essential for all those going on vacation and probably one big reason to have paid (!) Premiere.
I know stuff can break during development but I've been seeing these download topics like for weeks now.
Like a neverending story that repeats itself every year... 😕

Android.txt iOS.txt

Happy2Play

Currently only Original quality will download and any converted items Fail.

But some of this is interesting as it works for some and not others.  But I blame Apple.

FamilyBailey

I do not have any converted items - just original but they still fail.  I have no idea why as there is no useful feedback.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, FamilyBailey said:

I do not have any converted items - just original but they still fail.  I have no idea why as there is no useful feedback.

Well every update that fixes one thing appears to break another for someone else.  What works for some doesn't work for all so it is a cat and mouse game right now.

20 hours ago, neik said:

Same here, my sister just contacted me asking why nothing is downloading, having a look at the dashboard all I see are failed downloads.
Starting the same from my Android phone doesn't seem to cause the conversion to fail.

The conversion command is different comparing Android vs. iOS but the essential part seems to be iOS missing the extension.
Attached a ffmpeg log.

When will this get fixed once and for all?!
This stuff is essential for all those going on vacation and probably one big reason to have paid (!) Premiere.
I know stuff can break during development but I've been seeing these download topics like for weeks now.
Like a neverending story that repeats itself every year... 😕

Android.txt 46.81 kB · 0 downloads iOS.txt 6.59 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, yes I see the issue and we'll be getting an update out to resolve it. Thanks.

Emby for iOS 2.2.4 is out to resolve this. You'll need to delete existing affected download jobs on the server and then recreate them. Thanks.