Tizen Emby App is very slow

strichmo
Go to solution Solved by strichmo,

strichmo

I just bought a new high-end Samsung TV (QN90A) and was surprised to find that Emby had to be manually added to the TV as I'm in Australia. Anywho I did that and the Emby app experience is very poor. Just navigating around the app has a ton of input lag and has on occasion lagged inputs for 10+ seconds. The Emby server is on the same local network and all via ethernet (no wifi involved).

I haven't yet done enough testing, but I fear the lag extends to playing videos too - Some appear to be pretty choppy and there is a ton of audio desync which on googling appears to be a bug with fast forwarding through videos?

It is unfortunately a very bad experience and I'm unsure if Emby can be a good fit for me anymore.

SamES

That doesn't sound normal.  It should be much quicker than that. 

Sounds like a silly idea, but can you try it on WiFi and see if it's better?

What are the specs of your server?

FrostByte

Server log and any transcode/remux logs will help.  If you're converting HD audio on the fly that will cause it to buffer.

• Solution
strichmo

Seems rebooting the TV the next day more or less solved it. It is performant enough now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
dennis7480

For Tizens, if sluggish. Hold the power button on the remote until the TV turns off....keep holding the power button until you see the "Samsung Tizen" Splash screen.

This is a hard reboot, should clear up most issues.

If not go through the TVs setting and go to Device care. Run the system cleanup and then hold the power button again until the splash screen comes up. This should fix almost all software/slow type issues with the Tizens.

If Device care or system update is greyed out...do the hold power button trick to force reboot the TV. Those options should be available.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
Sparker

I had this last night, Emby crashed out and wouldn't restart but I was able to start a program with Plex but once in a while I could see the spinner on direct played 480P content. I've only had the QN90B bedroom TV a week, I hope I don't have to force reboot it every week!

BTW I set mine to UK region with Unlocator Smart DNS and Emby could be installed from the Tizen store (it's a "Made for Germany" model).

Attached log, but there's no updated ffmpeg log.

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by Sparker

SamES
2 hours ago, Sparker said:

I had this last night, Emby crashed out and wouldn't restart but I was able to start a program with Plex but once in a while I could see the spinner on direct played 480P content. I've only had the QN90B bedroom TV a week, I hope I don't have to force reboot it every week!

BTW I set mine to UK region with Unlocator Smart DNS and Emby could be installed from the Tizen store (it's a "Made for Germany" model).

Attached log, but there's no updated ffmpeg log.

embyserver (1).txt 217.35 kB · 0 downloads

Probably better to start a new topic for your issue.  Can you post the media info for that file?  Does it happen with multiple files, or only a few?  It sounds like there might be a problem with that specific file