When having 2 Emby servers anyway to not show one of them?

ng4ever

Hi.  You mean you have two servers on your network and they are automatically discovered and then shown on the select server screen on local devices?

If so, I suppose you could block UDP on the server you don't want to see - but that could have other ramifications for other things possibly.

ng4ever
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You mean you have two servers on your network and they are automatically discovered and then shown on the select server screen on local devices?

If so, I suppose you could block UDP on the server you don't want to see - but that could have other ramifications for other things possibly.

Yes I think.

Any other way that will not have ramifications ?

I don't think so.  Luke may have another idea but, if not, an option (in the server network settings) of whether or not to make the server discoverable seems reasonable...

ng4ever
3 hours ago, ebr said:

I don't think so.  Luke may have another idea but, if not, an option (in the server network settings) of whether or not to make the server discoverable seems reasonable...

Ok thank you.

Hope he can come up with another idea.

While I wait I guess I will just use Plex for this instead. Even though how much I hate doing so.

Edited by ng4ever

On 8/5/2022 at 10:53 AM, ebr said:

This is always possible for the future. 

Having said that, isn't this a one-time occurrence? You install the app, you pick the server, sign in, it gets remembered. After that you don't have to deal with it again unless you sign out.

rbjtech

If the 2nd instance of emby is using a different IP address - then you can block UDP 7359 (the emby network broadcast discovery port) on the server firewall.   No clients will 'see' this server - but you can directly connect to it if you know the ip/port.

However, if you are using the same IP but alternative ports - then this method is not going to work - Unless you want to block discovery altogether.

• 3 weeks later...
ng4ever

@LukeThe main reason I want this is because the Emby server for the family is a Synology NAS and is not powerful enough to turn on HDR by software or hardware.

I wanted to run a second Emby server on my home desktop gaming pc sense it is powerful enough for HDR software or hardware too on!

Plus I am not using the resources of the family NAS at the same time and splitting it up.

Edited by ng4ever
  • Thanks 1