Show not showing in correct order

bmhanson

bmhanson

My apologies if this has been talked about but i tried searching and could not find anything.  I updated to 4.7.6 and now one of my shows is not showing episodes int eh correct order. Previous to the update the episodes were in the correct order.  To make it more confusion it is the one season of the show i had last been watching.    I have not found any other shows displaying this issue yet.  

What might have caused the episodes to be out of order?  I even just found other series that has the issue so it is not isolated to the one series.  Though a number of them do appear to be correct.

Previously in the season 1 listing it was the standard episode 1, 2, 3, etc.  Now it is episode 10, 12, 13, 1, 2, 3...

Quite vexing.  I am not even sure where to start to figure out what happened. 

Edit: If it makes any difference i just noticed they are appearing out of order in the Metadata Manager also

Edited by bmhanson
additional information

bmhanson

Sure. Here are a couple examples. From the season listing and corresponding Metadata manager. 

Let me know if this clears up my problem. 

I can try and get more when I get home if needed. 

Screenshot_20220805-143858_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-143937_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-144006_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-144020_Emby.jpg

bmhanson

No. I tried that when I first saw it was displaying differently in the metadata manager. Made no difference.  I think the next thing I am going to try is deleting it and then readding it

bmhanson

OK.  So deleting the season and readding it fixed the issue.  BUT I really do not want to have to do that to all the shows that have this issue.  I have a lot of stuff on here and going through all to see what had an issue and what doesn't is a lot of work.  Add to that the delete/readd and I would really prefer to know why this happened and if there is another solution. 

1 hour ago, bmhanson said:

No. I tried that when I first saw it was displaying differently in the metadata manager. Made no difference.  I think the next thing I am going to try is deleting it and then readding it

Did it help in the season listing though?

bmhanson

No. Refreshing the metadata made no difference.  I do have others series with the same issue if there is something I need to try or data I need to gather.

Happy2Play

Sounds like an old database issue and if refreshing item or Library is not correcting the issue then removing, scanning, and readding may be required to correct the database issue as already proven above. 

bmhanson

Thanks for the help and info.  I had hoped there would be an easier way.  No idea why the update would have messed up the database.  It was fine before I did that.

• 6 months later...
jluce50
On 8/10/2022 at 4:44 PM, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into the original issue.

Just chiming in the say that this is still happening in 4.7.11.0. I've verified that all the metadata sources have it in the correct order and the metadata in Emby is correct.

Screenshot_3.png

1 hour ago, jluce50 said:

Just chiming in the say that this is still happening in 4.7.11.0. I've verified that all the metadata sources have it in the correct order and the metadata in Emby is correct.

Screenshot_3.png

HI, that's odd. Is that the only place you're seeing that happen?

jluce50
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, that's odd. Is that the only place you're seeing that happen?

It's the only place I've noticed it. Removing and then copying back the season folder fixed it.

• Thanks 2