mark video as played

frefre
Go to solution Solved by MBSki,

frefre

Sometimes I stop watching a show a couple of minutes before the ending.  When I want to continue to watch the final minutes of that show, Emby has marked it as "completely played"  and I have to lookup my last watch position - which is annoying.

The same does happen when I stop watching a show when just started a new episode.   When I resume on a later moment, Emby did not remember the last position.

My questions:

- At which point or position (how many minutes or percentage? ) does Emby mark a video as played (or not even started) ?

- Is there a way to customize those limits?

Hello frefre,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
MBSki
3 minutes ago, frefre said:

- Is there a way to customize those limits?

Yes, each library can be configured differently. Go into the library settings and look for these settings at the bottom.

image.png.5e0f65e28a120b167889fc8edb1a2a14.png

@AbobaderThis isn't a problem. Couldn't you have provided the instructions to change the settings rather than post a standard "how to report a problem" message when it isn't a problem?

frefre

Thank you very much for showing me the right direction.

I was searching in the general settings, but it never occured to me to look at the library settings, but it makes sense of course to put it there.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
49 minutes ago, MBSki said:

This isn't a problem. Couldn't you have provided the instructions to change the settings rather than post a standard "how to report a problem" message when it isn't a problem?

It is an automated response to Newer members on how to report a problem and sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with a question asked.

MBSki
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It is an automated response to Newer members on how to report a problem and sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with a question asked.

Ugh, that shouldn't be automated. Most of the time it's a simple question that could be answered in a few seconds. But. That's just my opinion.