Solution of Samsung Emby app?

Raleblue

Raleblue

Hi people, i have a question about a new new Samsung Smart tv which is new and expensive. It costed my friend 2000€.
Hi installed a month ago Emby via USB stick but how i saw a post here  from the administrator i think that there is no solution for his problem.

He installed it like i said via USB and i last only a month and then the app says he needs to update  the app but its taking 15 minutes to update and he has 3 of the same Samsung tv-s at home. He says he has no nervs and time every month to update the app :( I cant believe that such an expensive Smart tv makes so much trouble to  update the Emby app. Other apps are updated in 1 minute or less.

Second solution to change the Tv to USA, UK or Ireland is not an option for him because he is in Croatia and he tried this and then his Croatian apps like HBO Max or Netflix wont work anymore. I want like to help him and recommended him to buy an Android Box and every issue will be solved. His answer was: Hahahah i didn't bought a Smart Tv for 2000€ to buy an extra Android box for 30 €.
Is there any new option and solution to this problem or he has to wait that Samsung puts the Emby app as standard in their base?
It would also bother me if i had 3 Samsung tv's at home and every month i must update Emby app on 3 tv-s.

thank you in advance for help or any advice 😪💓

Edited by Raleblue

FrostByte

If you want to run the Samsung app then those are really your only two options right now.  Either install via usb every 30 days, or set your app region to one of the countries the app is available in.  

The only other thing would be to get an external device such as Firestik, Roku or an Android box and run Emby off that.

Either way after 5 years you will need to upgrade the Samsung app via usb anyway to remain current because Samsung is now not accepting updates for TVs older than 5 years.  So, everyone has to update via usb then.

• Like 2