Max downloads per users

CaffNoir
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

CaffNoir

Hey !

It's could be cool to add fonctionnalty to limit how much a user can download things like userA can donwload only 5 movies and 10 episodes of TV shows and maybe do something to renew that every week. So 1 week after userA can download again 5 movies and 10 episodes.

With possibility of allowing download on selected Playlist.

My wife like to download TV show on my phone when we go on vacantion but she don't know what is "Storage capacity" of a phone, like she download a full tv show of 30Gb when i only have 50gb free on my phone 🥲 and she don't watch the full serie in once. So doing this can save me and maybe save other people some storage lol. Also can be usefull if you have a kid and want to allow him to only download like kids library and don't allow him to download a lot of stuff

CaffNoir

also a last one thing if we can have a setting to download the file with the name display on emby and not the file name stored, sometimes it's a pain to find a movie downloaded when we have a lot of stuff in the same download folder lol

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, CaffNoir said:

also a last one thing if we can have a setting to download the file with the name display on emby and not the file name stored, sometimes it's a pain to find a movie downloaded when we have a lot of stuff in the same download folder lol

How are you downloading those, via mobile client app or browser? 

CaffNoir
37 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

How are you downloading those, via mobile client app or browser? 

both depending on what we take sometimes with the app on mobile and sometime on web app with the laptop

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, CaffNoir said:

both

If you download with mobile client app, they should show named same as in other apps within mobile app Downloads section. 

If you download via browser, it is under browser's control and you DL file as-is, with the name it has on host OS. 

Edited by GrimReaper

CaffNoir

Yeah i mean when i download it's the name used when i store it like "Movie.2022.1080p.blablabla.mkv" something like "Movie (2022).mkv" would be good

• Solution

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: