Record failing at random times/closed connection

simardwtf

simardwtf

I am also having this exact issue and this is extremely frustrating. The stream will hang randomly (it could be 5, 15 or 30 mins) but if it doesn't, it will ultimately crash at around 4 hours of continuous playing.

The transcoding log gives zero information as it only hangs there until I quit the frozen stream and then it logs "user quit"...

The emby server log has the errors as mentionned by the first posts in this thread. In exemple : 2022-07-31 09:47:41.193 Info HttpClient: Http response 404 from http://host6/x_path4_x/x_path21_x after 175ms. HeadersServer=nginx, Date=Sun, 31 Jul 2022 13:47:41 GMT, Connection=close, Access-Control-Allow-Origin=*

The most frustrating part is if and when I use VLC to watch/decode the M3U link, the stream works flawlessly and will keep going for days. There must be something you guys can do about it..?

Hi, one thing I do see in your server log is that at some point your provider starts sending back 404 not found responses, and we keep retrying but are unable to reconnect.

simardwtf

Hi,

I know and I can't figure out what the Emby server is doing to cause this. As mentioned, I can watch the same M3U link for days with VLC without having any issue (Emby will fail at around 4 hours of stream)

Regarding the "random" fail, which was happening mostly at **:59 and **:29 

enabling "Disable temp segment" seems to have fixed the issue

Edited by simardwtf
added info

22 hours ago, simardwtf said:

Regarding the "random" fail, which was happening mostly at **:59 and **:29 

enabling "Disable temp segment" seems to have fixed the issue

I think that is likely a coincidence.