Disabling playlist to save data

iiiJoe

iiiJoe

Hello, all. Just wondering if anyone could help me with disabling my iptv while I’m sleeping in order to save data. I can do this in other players by simply disabling the playlist. Just not sure on Emby. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by iii2405

Hello iii2405,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, are you trying to prevent one of your users from using it? Or what communications exactly are you looking to stop?

7 minutes ago, iii2405 said:

to prevent data usage

Hi.  You mean overall network data usage?  If so, it might be best to try and tackle this at the network layer (your router may offer features to this end) but you could also put a schedule on your users with Parental Controls.

I'm just curious, what exactly is happening at off hours? Are you sure there is even something at all?

iiiJoe
On 8/3/2022 at 12:11 PM, Luke said:

I'm just curious, what exactly is happening at off hours? Are you sure there is even something at all?

Well, lol, that’s an excellent question. I’m a Tivimate refugee, and it was eating data in the background even after I thought I had exited the program. Loving Emby but I’m almost out of data on my plan so I can’t really experiment until it renews which is in 5 days. I will do some testing and report back. Thank you for responding!

Edited by iii2405

Yea I think it would be better to find out what exactly is causing the data usage and when. Even if we had this, if nothing is being used during those off hours then it wouldn't actually help. Please let us know what you find.