Latest update possibly fixed Xbox stuttering

adavis219

adavis219

Hey everyone, I just updated to 4.7.6 yesterday and it seemed to clean up any stuttering that was occurring on my end with h265 (hevc) files using Direct Play. (Xbox Series S was tested on) I’d have a look yourselves if any issues are still occurring. I’m still not sure what was causing the issue but it seems to be corrected on my end for now. Thanks for the hard work devs!

• Thanks 1

adavis219

@Luke I’m honestly not sure what the issue was, since the update, I’ve tested the same movies/TV shows (A mix of MKV/MP4 - HEVC/h265 files) that stuttering occurred on whilst Direct Playing.

All are running buttery smooth now. I haven’t changed anything about the files nor any settings under Emby. I never experienced stuttering whilst playing MKV/MP4 - AVC/h264 file types either. 

Stats for nerds never showed dropped frames previously for those HEVC files, so I’m not really sure what was going on in the first place. It was definitely noticeable enough to where I switched to my Samsung TV app (which played them perfectly) for the time being however. 

If you’d like any more information please feel free to ask, I’ll contribute any way I can.

• Thanks 1