Connection Issues with Cloudflare Proxy

ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal

I recently switched my domain provider to Cloudflare and started proxying my DNS records for all traffic to my domain but it seems one user is experiencing issues connecting to the Emby server from the app. Switching my emby subdomain from proxied to DNS only seems to be the only thing that fixes the issue. The user that is having issues is using the emby app on a LG TV. I'm having no issues connecting to the Emby server on all of the other platforms I tested. This LG tv was also having issues connecting to the emby server back when I was using LetsEncrypt as a SSL certificate provider if that matters. I can provide whatever info that's needed. Just didn't know what that would be.

ShadowKindjal
On 8/2/2022 at 5:23 PM, Luke said:

Hi, have you taken a look at this?

I apologize, I thought I responded. I actually used this post to set up my cloudflare originally.

ShadowKindjal
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

How do your CF settings compare to what's in that thread?

My configuration matches the example from @pir8radio

ShadowKindjal

No, any time I proxy my Emby server's domain thru Cloudflare the previously stated devices cannot connect to the server. I had to put Cloudflare in DNS only mode to get the devices to connect.

Edited by ShadowKindjal

pir8radio
On 8/11/2022 at 12:16 PM, ShadowKindjal said:

No, any time I proxy my Emby server's domain thru Cloudflare the previously stated devices cannot connect to the server. I had to put Cloudflare in DNS only mode to get the devices to connect.

are you sure you have the minify settings off, and rocket loader off?

pir8radio
1 minute ago, ShadowKindjal said:

I just double checked and confirmed it is off

humm...    you can dm me a link and create me a guest account if you want.. i can take a look see if anything jumps out..  up to you..

pir8radio

oh nevermind, you say LG tv only..  i cant test...   odd,   unless something with caching.   I have not heard of any issues, let me see if any LG's have connected to me...

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

looks like i have a few LG users, that never complained.    You can have your LG person try my server as a test..    click my avatar/about me for the info..
   image.png.7f3ff68cb1801624255e65810264a936.png

ShadowKindjal

I'm trying to get the user to give me the model number but he's old and slow. He just told me that he's had issues with both his Samsung and his LG tv which is new info. I looked thru the device logs and I'm not seeing either. I do see a Roku Premiere - YH000V591990 and some phones but that's it for that user. Hopefully he doesn't take too long.

Edited by ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal
17 minutes ago, pir8radio said:

humm...    you can dm me a link and create me a guest account if you want.. i can take a look see if anything jumps out..  up to you..

I have no issues with this if you'd like to test your devices 

pir8radio
3 minutes ago, ShadowKindjal said:

I'm trying to get the user to give me the model number but he's old and slow. He just told me that he's had issues with both his Samsung and his LG tv which is new info. I looked thru the device logs and I'm not seeing either. I do see a Roku Premiere - YH000V591990 and some phones but that's it for that user. Hopefully he doesn't take too long.

i do have lots of samsung TV's without issues..   so,  not sure what's going on with your guy. lol

image.png.e15c594c7536b6eb8ee034f379e96a3d.png

ShadowKindjal
1 minute ago, pir8radio said:

i do have lots of samsung TV's without issues..   so,  not sure what's going on with your guy. lol

image.png.e15c594c7536b6eb8ee034f379e96a3d.png

I just need him to respond to my texts lol. He's quiet when everything is working. Maybe I should turn the cloudflare proxy back on haha.

• Haha 1