Remote Connection problems....again.

Hopeab

Hopeab

Hi,

Ok I have connection problems again. I have recently changed ISP provider. I have no problems connecting on my home network but can not connect outside of it. My NAS has no problems connecting outside of the network. I have uninstalled and done a fresh install of Emby using the Beta version of Emby from the website. Still the same problem. I have checked that the ports are open on my router. I am at a loss on what to do.

I have attached the log file. Fingers crossed you can come up with something. 

embyserver.txt

Hopeab

Thank you for the reply. 

I have been doing a lot of searching around and trying things out. What I have found out is Emby is using the IP address of my WAN (Wide Area Network). As you know that is controlled by my ISP. So the question I have is..... Is there a way to change the access IP address? Because the WAN starts with 185 the port forwarding and the likes don't like it. I am guessing it is that. The port 8096 is not open.... And I feel as it is linked to my WAN that must be the problem.

7 minutes ago, Hopeab said:

Thank you for the reply. 

I have been doing a lot of searching around and trying things out. What I have found out is Emby is using the IP address of my WAN (Wide Area Network). As you know that is controlled by my ISP. So the question I have is..... Is there a way to change the access IP address? Because the WAN starts with 185 the port forwarding and the likes don't like it. I am guessing it is that. The port 8096 is not open.... And I feel as it is linked to my WAN that must be the problem.

Your server's remote address can be customized in emby server network settings, as well as the public facing ports that Emby apps will try to use.

But make sure what you configure is actually going to work, and you can test the remote access in the browser first before changing the options.