In progress option

Trapperjohn61

Trapperjohn61

Hi,

I know in straight kodi there is an “in progress” option to show any tv shows that you have watched part of an episode.

Is there a way to do this in Emby?

if not is this option planned.

i think this is a great feature.

Thank you for your help,

Bryan

TeamB

Yes its already there in all the available kodi addons for emby, they all track playback progress and show progress of partially played items.

Trapperjohn61

So in kodi I go to tv shows then in progress and I see a big left arrow and highlighted to the right 3 dots.

i should also mention I am using kodi 19.4

emby nextgen 6.2.20

emby server version

Thank you,

Bryan

quickmic

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly.

(stock) Kodi and next-gen plugin supports "in progress" TV Shows, correct.

Do you request this feature for Emby server's WebUI? -> 3 dots you are talking sounds like Emby's Web frontend.

Or are you reporting a bug in the nextgen plugin? A screenshot might help.

Edited by quickmic

Trapperjohn61

Hi Quickmic,

I am running kodi yes stock. I go to tv shows in kodi I select "in progress" it is blank just a back arrow.

I even watch a show for 10 minutes and wait 5 minutes {in case emby needs sync time) go back to in progress and it is not there.

The 3 dots are on my kodi on firestick in pic in highlighted yellow bar..

Pics attached..

Is there an option I have to enable in the plugin or kodi?

Thanks for your help,

Bryan

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

quickmic

Ok, thanks. I'll check that. I'm using the plugin's custom nodes (which should not be any different). Anyway, maybe a bug.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

I forgot to ask, is the progress of the episodes correct? Also are they correctly tagged as watched when finished?

Trapperjohn61

Yes If I watched part of a show then go back to it the resume option appears so that works, when complete it does show the check mark as complete.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Trapperjohn61 said:

Yes If I watched part of a show then go back to it the resume option appears so that works, when complete it does show the check mark as complete.

I just performed a test. Kodi stock and stock node, only 6.2.20 installed. Looks perfect.

Can you please switch to stock (estuary) skin for a moment and check. Maybe skin related.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

How do you access the them? Stock skin lists in progress TVShows as a widget and as a category item. Both works fine here. I assume your screen screenshot shows the view of the category "button"?

If so, something is wrong. Can you perform a test on a PC with stock kodi installation? I'm guessing, there is something wrong in the Kodi config on your box.

quickmic
1 minute ago, Trapperjohn61 said:

Hi,

just making sure that you are testing with kodi 19.4?

bryan

Yes I do.

Trapperjohn61

I have Emby installed on synology 

kodi installed on firestick.

so going by your last response made me think that kodi has a default in progress and Emby plug-in also has in progress.

when I open plugin I go to tv shows then in progress tv shows and there it shows correctly but when I try the same thing in kodi default option it is the screenshot I sent blank.

so I am thinking of customizing the skin to show it under the tvshows as a submenu and use your Emby plug-in!

thank goodness I use the Emby plug-in 

A very Happy Premiere subscriber 😀

On a side note an fyi I was going to upgrade Emby server to 4.7.6.0 but the official Emby Docker registry is only showing up to 4.7.5.0 no biggie just so you are aware😀

thank you for all your help

this makes life a lot easier😀

bryan

• Like 1