Can't use Emby app on my ipad.

hahaxk

hahaxk

Hi!

I can't open Emby app on my ipad.Always on the app opening screen.

App version : 2.2.1

My device : ipad mini 4 ( ios12)

Thanks.

photo_2022-07-31_21-28-21.jpg

hahaxk

I don't know. Now I can only upgrade to ios15.6.

And I can use emby app version 2.1.7 normally,but I update to the latest version of app it doesn't work anymore.

OK , we have an Emby for iOS 2.2.2 update going out today. I'm not sure if it will help with this but please let me know if it does. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
MultimediaFan

Hi Luke, I'm new here on the forum and would like to contribute to the iPad problem as I'm also affected by it as hahaxk. I have been suffering since the 2.1.7 update, after which the iPad application on my iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 12.1.1 no longer works. 

Here is a brief summary of my findings so far Emby on iPad with iOS 12.1.1.

Since the last update 2.1.7 on the iPad Pro, Emby no longer starts. Very unfortunate as I used the application every day to watch LiveTV on the iPad Pro. Since the same application still runs on my iPhone 7 I assume a bug on the iPad. To be on the safe side, I deleted the application once on the iPad and reinstalled it, which also did not bring any improvement. Please fix the bug so that I can watch again on the iPad Pro. Version 1.9.6 on iPad 4 with iOS 9.3.5 still works fine.

1. iPad Pro is running on iOS 12.1.1 and can't be updated to another version because of 32 bit comtability. Perhaps this is the problem with the update on the iPad. An iPhone with iOS 12.3.1, on the other hand, works fine after the Emby update to 2.1.7. Maybe this helps with troubleshooting.

2. unfortunately, further updates up to version 2.2.0 have not brought any improvement so far. An analysis via the commandline of the iPad showed some errors in the network area when starting the application. Here it seems to come to queries that show an unreachability.

3. unfortunately the Emby update 2.2.3 did not bring any improvement. Emby no longer starts on my iPad. For testing, a Jellyfin server (fork of Emby) was set up and a Jellyfin client was installed. Jellyfin Client works fine with this iOS / iPad configuration.

4. also the update 2.2.4 has brought no improvement. Maybe it is also due to Apple/XCode. In the log, there is always an error thrown in libboringssl.dylib in nw_protocol_boringssl_get_output_frames(1301). Likewise, there is a sandbox deny error when accessing /private/var/Managed Preferences/mobile/com.apple.CoreMotion.plist. Maybe this information will help.

I hope for a soon remedy thank you very much

15 minutes ago, MultimediaFan said:

Hi Luke, I'm new here on the forum and would like to contribute to the iPad problem as I'm also affected by it as hahaxk. I have been suffering since the 2.1.7 update, after which the iPad application on my iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 12.1.1 no longer works. 

Here is a brief summary of my findings so far Emby on iPad with iOS 12.1.1.

Since the last update 2.1.7 on the iPad Pro, Emby no longer starts. Very unfortunate as I used the application every day to watch LiveTV on the iPad Pro. Since the same application still runs on my iPhone 7 I assume a bug on the iPad. To be on the safe side, I deleted the application once on the iPad and reinstalled it, which also did not bring any improvement. Please fix the bug so that I can watch again on the iPad Pro. Version 1.9.6 on iPad 4 with iOS 9.3.5 still works fine.

1. iPad Pro is running on iOS 12.1.1 and can't be updated to another version because of 32 bit comtability. Perhaps this is the problem with the update on the iPad. An iPhone with iOS 12.3.1, on the other hand, works fine after the Emby update to 2.1.7. Maybe this helps with troubleshooting.

2. unfortunately, further updates up to version 2.2.0 have not brought any improvement so far. An analysis via the commandline of the iPad showed some errors in the network area when starting the application. Here it seems to come to queries that show an unreachability.

3. unfortunately the Emby update 2.2.3 did not bring any improvement. Emby no longer starts on my iPad. For testing, a Jellyfin server (fork of Emby) was set up and a Jellyfin client was installed. Jellyfin Client works fine with this iOS / iPad configuration.

4. also the update 2.2.4 has brought no improvement. Maybe it is also due to Apple/XCode. In the log, there is always an error thrown in libboringssl.dylib in nw_protocol_boringssl_get_output_frames(1301). Likewise, there is a sandbox deny error when accessing /private/var/Managed Preferences/mobile/com.apple.CoreMotion.plist. Maybe this information will help.

I hope for a soon remedy thank you very much

HI, just curious, are you sticking with 12.1 by choice or can you update to 12.5?

MultimediaFan

Hi Luke, I have the same problem as hahaxk and I can't update to a higher iOS 12 version because Apple doesn't allow it. I'm voluntarily staying on iOS 12, because that's the last 32 bit supporting iOS version on which my purchased applications run. With an update I would lose these programs, because unfortunately they were never ported to 64 bit.

MultimediaFan

Hi Luke, I would be interested to know what has changed in Emby since before version 2.1.7, because before that the app ran flawlessly on all my iOS devices.

6 hours ago, MultimediaFan said:

Hi Luke, I would be interested to know what has changed in Emby since before version 2.1.7, because before that the app ran flawlessly on all my iOS devices.

I think we are doing some things that are not supported on 12.1 but would work on the latest 12.x and above. We'll have to look at how we can handle that.

• Like 1