TVDB not returning character images

mw420blazeit

mw420blazeit

Emby used to return character images along with the actual va's image.thumb.png.ad5e401ed99eebd58e4af70f40eb6958.png

But now it just returns the actual va's
image.thumb.png.125cb2e87b0eee2c712adf66df294269.png

Is there any way I can get character images back ?

visproduction

TVDB is still showing Anime portraits.  https://thetvdb.com/series/dolls-frontline
If you are added a portrait for the actress / actor, then the first choice will be the actual portait of the person.  In order to get an anime portrait, you may have to manually add it in.  I think TVDB may have repaired a bug.  Normally talent portrait are always of the real person.

mw420blazeit
1 hour ago, visproduction said:

TVDB is still showing Anime portraits.  https://thetvdb.com/series/dolls-frontline
If you are added a portrait for the actress / actor, then the first choice will be the actual portait of the person.  In order to get an anime portrait, you may have to manually add it in.  I think TVDB may have repaired a bug.  Normally talent portrait are always of the real person.

If it used to show anime portraits in the previous version, then it should still show on the recent

Hi, we'll take a look but I'm not sure the tvdb v4 api has a way for us to get this information quickly.

mw420blazeit
3 hours ago, mw420blazeit said:

Any way I can downgrade the tvdb plugin ?

If someone wants to get character images back, they can downgrade the plugin from an older version of emby and change write permissions on Tvdb.dll so emby is unable to auto update it.

GrimReaper

What is the point of having character images? You can ever have only single image per actor, so you'd have completely unrelated character image in other movies/shows same actor is in, which is terrible solution IMHO. AFAIAC those should never be scraped and updated TVDB plugin rightly does not return them. 

• Agree 1

mw420blazeit
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

What is the point of having character images? You can ever have only single image per actor, so you'd have completely unrelated character image in other movies/shows same actor is in, which is terrible solution IMHO. AFAIAC those should never be scraped and updated TVDB plugin rightly does not return them. 

Personal preference
having the choice to choose between the two won't hurt.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, mw420blazeit said:

Personal preference
having the choice to choose between the two won't hurt.

Sure, but you can also manually DL them or Add image via URL. 

4 hours ago, mw420blazeit said:

If someone wants to get character images back, they can downgrade the plugin from an older version of emby and change write permissions on Tvdb.dll so emby is unable to auto update it.

Definitely do not suggest doing this.  Destined for problems in the future...

4 hours ago, mw420blazeit said:

Tvdb will be shutting off their older api soon and then the older plugin will stop working, so just be aware of that.