How to check what kind of collections are available?

Henkmeister
Go to solution Solved by pwhodges,

Henkmeister

How do you browse what collections are available? I tried to create my own but I cannot change/upload the cover art. I can search the ones that I think are somehow bind with the specific collection name?

GrimReaper

Can you elaborate a bit what do you mean under "what kind of collections are available" as I didn't quite understood what you're after? 

Henkmeister

When I choose from the movies options "Add to collection" and I give it a name and save it does not bring it cover art automatically. My example was trying to add all the movies of Vengence Trilogy to a collection, but no collection cover art is found. Even tho fanart.tv has two covers for that collection. But I just cannot add cover art from my PC, all others like backdrops etc. has this possibility.

GrimReaper

21 minutes ago, Henkmeister said:

My example was trying to add all the movies of Vengence Trilogy to a collection, but no collection cover art is found.

All Collections info is coming from TMDB. Vengeance trilogy that you made, per Google:

The Vengeance Trilogy is the name given to a South Korean thematically-linked unofficial film trilogy directed by Park Chan-wook, comprising Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy and Lady Vengeance.

TMDB does not list such Collection hence you can't get any metadata/artwork scraped automatically. 

21 minutes ago, Henkmeister said:

But I just cannot add cover art from my PC, all others like backdrops etc. has this possibility.

Why can't you? Collections have exact same Edit Images dialog as all other items. 

• Thanks 1

Henkmeister
19 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

All Collections info is coming from TMDB. Vengeance trilogy that you made, per Google:

TMDB does not list such Collection hence you can't get any metadata/artwork scraped automatically. 

Why can't you? Collections have exact same Edit Images dialog as all other items. 

Thank you for the above information.

But my Edit images only gives the cover art the option on magnifying glass and trash can. No + sign there as all the others have.

• Solution
pwhodges

In the web client, I see the three dot menu (note, only while the mouse is hovered over the square):

image.jpeg.227fa50999f04d55b50189eae2bd5c79.jpeg

which opens to this (note, this example is a "non-official" collection):

image.jpeg.c81d54da13233861476c8f58c9923f93.jpeg

Paul

• Thanks 1

Henkmeister

Hmm... It seems my "3 dots" have gone missing after I added coverart plugin. So I needed to right-click on top of the cover and now I can upload my picture.

Thank you!

pwhodges

Another thought - are you using Firefox 102?  That had a bug which stopped (some?/all? of) Emby's three-dot menus appearing; it's fixed in 103.

Paul

• Like 1